Volunteer Coordinator

Life with OCN
Life with OCN
Fieldtrip to a lake with the women and their children

Working as a volunteer coordinator, you'll manage most elements of volunteering within the organisation, such as helping new volunteers to settle in their projects and organising volunteer activities. This is a great position to gain experience in managing people and entering the charity world.

As a volunteer coordinator you have an extremely important role in our organisation. Adjusting to the cultural differences and getting settled into their projects can be a challenge. To help with this adjustment it is important to create a solid volunteer community. You would be responsible for inducting new volunteers into our organisation as well as organising their activities and outings, taking volunteers to their projects, writing the volunteer newsletter, conducting intro and exit interviews, helping out in the office of Otra Cosa Network, including responding to email enquiries, some general admin tasks and helping with recruitment.

• For this role, we require a fluency in Spanish and a time commitment of 6 months. The candidate must be older than 21 years old, with fluent English, excellent communications and conflict resolution skills, with a mature and positive attitude, and a good

Marketa

I changed their lives in a positive way as they have changed mine!

Where should i start? I did my internship for 8 months with this amazing group of ladies who have changed my life for ever as they inspired me for my final university dissertation topic and career. I started working with them when my Spanish was very bad but they did not mind. They support me and slowly we build our new friendship that keeps growing even I left.

I really enjoyed work with those ladies. When I started I was not extaly sure what i will be doing but later I used my knowledge of the sewing and stared leading the sewing classroom. I doesn't say it was easy but I can say after our hard work we were able to deliver our first delivery of tone bags and present our brand new sewing classroom, which is available for the whole group and any of women can join the free sewing class.

I would recommend to come and help to this group of ladies who wants to learn new skills, however they need push. The facilities are available to run any of classes like sewing, baking, hydroponic garden or even business class. It just waiting for you who are independent, does not mind working alone and willing to take this opportunity to empower women and give them new opportunity in their life.

I really recommend this program as I had strong support form my manage who always found time to listen me, give me advice and support me while I had hard time with the project. I would never made it with the women thought if i would not have huge support behind me.

I hope somebody will come and take over the job I have done and will have the amazing experience as I had.

Just more volunteers are needed :)
Beata

HELP Women - a very real experience

Working with the women at the community centre through HELP Women was an amazing experience. We (the women and I) achieved several things, including planning field trips, organising english, swimming and surf lessons for their children, and sewing classes for the mothers and more, but it was something else that will stay with me forever. They taught me solidarity and friendship, and how a community centre can feel more secure, and more like your home, than your actual home, and the real impact of gender inequality in countries like Peru. It was a true privilage to listen to their stories, and try to work side by side with the social worker to find solutions to everyday issues, but also to work side by side with the women in their everyday life, where they again and again exceeded outside expectations for the sake of their children.
If you are a strong and independent woman who wants to work with other strong and independent women, this is the volunteer placement for you - especially if you have a background in social work.

Location:
Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport
( CUZ )
Rodríguez Ballón International Airport
( AQP )

Peru is treasured for its gastronomy, Incan history, and stunning Andes mountains. As you travel, you will notice the pride the Peruvians have for their heritage of having been not only the Incan empire but Spain's South American empire. Peru's eco-tourism is growing the quickest of any South American country. If you are looking to tap into a currently less-frequented travel destination, pick Peru.

About Otra Cosa Network

Otra Cosa Network is a registered Peruvian non-profit NGO and Registered UK Charity offering a wide variety of affordable, satisfying volunteering opportunities to well-motivated volunteers and interns from around the world to support the needs of...