Teaching English Program with Peru Vivential

Teaching English Program with Peru Vivential

Because public education in Peru significantly lacks funding, and the majority of the community cannot afford private schooling, the members of our community have very few opportunities for education. Thus, children are born into poverty and few are ever able to rise up and become empowered. Recognizing that many members of La Esperanza are born into this type of poverty and have few job opportunities, our organization's founders decided to broaden the horizons of our friends and neighbors through providing education. Your role will consist of leading the English classes, where possible this will be done together with another volunteer. At present, the general level of English of our learners across all schools and settings is basic, and it is important that volunteers are prepared to be teaching students of learners who will more than likely be at a beginner level. Volunteers will work with classes 3 times a week up to 4 hours per day but this is flexible. Whats App (+51)931088846

Project Types
Administration Fee:

A single payment of $ 250 US on arrival. The administration fee helps to cover the expenses for running the programs for underprivileged kids and the expenses of the volunteers.

The contribution of $ 250 US is for 1 month of staying, $ 450 US for 2 months, $ 600 US for 3 months.

What is Included:

The volunteer will get in Exchange of their contribution the following benefits:

Accommodation during all their staying as volunteer in our Organization, the accommodation could be in our Volunteer House equipped with reliable wifi, hot water & kitchen, shared dorm beds, or on request we can arrange a Host Family.
Two free Spanish Classes per week
Free Salsa Classes each week.
Free Bachata Classes each week.
Different fun weekend activities! - each weekend we do different fun activities: tours and tourist activities around the city to important archeological sites, sandboarding, surf lessons, camping, trekking, sports, parties and free entry into the city`s best night clubs!
All this activities are included - there is no extra fees for any of these!

Our volunteers live in our own house placed close to the historic center of the city. The neighborhood is very safe, the rooms are shared. We have reliable Wi-Fi,equipped kitchen, hot water, bathroom, and cool roof terrace where you can take the sun in your free time. The environment of the house is friendly and we hope you will feel at home.
In addition and on request of the volunteers, we could get accommodation in our Host Families, where volunteers could experience the peruvian culture, share family traditions and customs of the Peruvian life. Ask about the terms and conditions of this kind of accommodation if this interests you.

On Request:

Meals/week Transportation from Lima/ airport/ terminal

Best Volunteer Opportunity in South America

I just finished spending one month volunteering with PeruVivential and can say that it was hands down the best experience of my life. William is an amazing organizer who does everything in his power to make your experience both comfortable and enjoyable. If you like to teach and work with children, I highly recommend volunteering with this organization. I had the opportunity to spend my weekdays teaching English to children during the day and adults at night with a nice break in the middle of the day allowing me to explore the city, visit the nearby beaches of Huanchaco, or just enjoy the Peruvian Sun. The weekends were also amazing as William organized trips for us such as visiting the ruins of Chan Chan, surfing the waves of Huanchaco, or sandboarding the dunes of Trujillo. Additionally, I had the opportunity to spend a couple weekends travelling to other amazing sites in Peru such as Machu Picchu and Huaraz as the Trujillo airport is a short 15 minute ride away. Finally, the apartment was comfortable and contained all basic amenities such as hot water, a fridge/freezer, and wifi. I highly recommend this NGO for anyone looking to volunteer in South America!

Perfect place to stay :)

My experience at Peru Vivential was just awesome! Me and my gridlfriend we stayed in the volunteer house for 3 months. We had our own room and enjoyed the time with the other volunteers!
The teaching was also so much fun, as the kids are super cute and always bring you a great smile on the face.
The organisation provided us with a lot of activities (archeological sites, sandbaording, etc.) which was a super experience, especially because William (the organiser) is just such a good person!
If you like to surf, this place is also perfect, as you can reach the next cool surf beach in just 15 min by bus.
I would always consider joining this program again and can recommend it to everybody who likes to work with children, wants to learn spanish (William provides excellent 1 on 1 spanish classes) and wants to have a great peruvian experience :)

What a wonderful experience!

I first came to volunteer here in August 2016 for a month, and I enjoyed it so much I came back again in November and will be leaving in February!!
The organisation runs two programmes, teaching English to both children and to adults, and yjere is also the chance to help out at a Rescue centre for street dogs.
Even though I had no experience with teaching before, I thought I would like to give it a go.....and am so glad that I did! The organisation leader, William, supports each volunteer and after a couple of days I felt confident enough to lead the classes. The children are so loving and it is very easy to feel like you really are making a difference to them. Learning English really opens up windows of opportunity for these kids, whose futures otherwise may be pretty limited.
I helped out in the gog shelter too and wanted to bring most of them home with me!
The volunteer apartment is safe and a happy place where everyone does their best to make you feel at home and everyone mucks in to plan classes, and practise their Spanish.
There are loads of different activities arranged at weekends too, never a dull moment! We went surfing, sandboarding, to night clubs and also on tours to the archaeological sites nearby. The beach resort of Haunchaco is a short bus journey away, so I even got to work on my tan!
A great experience all round, and a great way of meeting not only other volunteers from all over the world, but also lots of local people who were really happy to share their culture.
Highly recommended!

About Peru Vivential

We are a non-profit organization with a vision to improve the quality of education in our community, and to create opportunities for disadvantaged children through supporting free English classes in public schools. English serves as the primary means...