Otra Cosa Network: The HELP Environment Volunteer Program in Peru

One of the main goals of this program is to educate the children in Peru about environmental conservation efforts. Often it's culturally acceptable to throw trash on the beach or in the ocean in Peru. By taking a grassroots level approach, our goal is to enable a involved, knowledgeable and aware generation. Educating the local youth on why the environment is important will have a long lasting impact on the community.

Julie

The best 3 months of my life

By the ratings I gave the program, you can already guess that I loved working on HELP Environment, and that it was a great project. I stayed in Huanchaco from September 27th to December 18th 2015, and I wish I could go back right away and stay there.

There are two main aspects that make HELP Environment an amazing program: first and foremost, the variety of projects that you can work in, from organising the Yo Cuido Mi Playa events to hydroponic gardening, from recycling workshops in the afterschool program to the environment workshops given by local university students to the kids in Huanchaco. It was great to be able to take part in all those projects, to see how much they help the kids understand the importance of protectiong the environment. The second aspect was the feeling of working as part of a big family. From the OCN staff to the volunteers, from the kids we worked with to the locals, Huanchaco is an amazing place to live and work in: safe, friendly and fun.

If you're not sure yet about going, stop thinking, pack, and get moving. You won't be disappointed!

About Otra Cosa Network

Otra Cosa Network is a registered Peruvian non-profit NGO and Registered UK Charity offering a wide variety of affordable, satisfying volunteering opportunities to well-motivated volunteers and interns from around the world to support the needs of...