Environment Program

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Otra Cosa Network.

Our Environment project is an environmental education program that aims to change the attitudes and behaviour of the people who live in Huanchaco.
Unfortunately, it is common to see people in Huanchaco throwing garbage on the beach and on the streets. The objective of our program is to create a new generation of individuals more aware of the environment and who can take an active role in caring for the future of the planet.
Tasks to develop:
- Support at events
- Care of hydroponic gardens
- Creation of workshops
- Creation of strategies to improve the project

Julie

The best 3 months of my life

By the ratings I gave the program, you can already guess that I loved working on HELP Environment, and that it was a great project. I stayed in Huanchaco from September 27th to December 18th 2015, and I wish I could go back right away and stay there.

There are two main aspects that make HELP Environment an amazing program: first and foremost, the variety of projects that you can work in, from organising the Yo Cuido Mi Playa events to hydroponic gardening, from recycling workshops in the afterschool program to the environment workshops given by local university students to the kids in Huanchaco. It was great to be able to take part in all those projects, to see how much they help the kids understand the importance of protectiong the environment. The second aspect was the feeling of working as part of a big family. From the OCN staff to the volunteers, from the kids we worked with to the locals, Huanchaco is an amazing place to live and work in: safe, friendly and fun.

If you're not sure yet about going, stop thinking, pack, and get moving. You won't be disappointed!

About Otra Cosa Network

Otra Cosa Network is a registered Peruvian non-profit NGO and Registered UK Charity offering a wide variety of affordable, satisfying volunteering opportunities to well-motivated volunteers and interns from around the world to support the needs of...