Fascinating Programs in Peru from only U$ 190 - Most Affordable Programs!

Iko Poran offers a wide range of flexible volunteer programs in Peru: Medical, Child Development, Childcare, Community Development, Construction & Renovation, Teaching, and amazing Andean Experience or Jungle immersion.

3 different amazing locations to choose from:
- Arequipa, the white city also known as the Rome of South America;
- Cusco, the home of the Inca Empire steeped in rich heritage;
- Iquitos, the capital of the Peruvian Amazon, surrounded by a diverse array of flora and fauna.

- Arrival dates: 1st and 3rd Sundays of every month
- You can choose to volunteer from 1 to 12 weekS
- Weekends off to relax and explore arounD
- Volunteers pay their program fee directly to the local organization.
- Volunteers have a unique experience of by actively participating in developing communities for a fairer world while creating a rich personal opportunity for cultural exchange.
- Volunteers have the chance to experience Peru from a community perspective.

• Volunteerism should not be expensive for the ones with good hearts that want to lend a hand.
  • Only international volunteer organization based in a developing country that also runs its own developing projects. Most of other providers are profit-oriented traveling companies based in First World nations.
  • Most affordable program and registration fees in Peru! Program fees starting at only $190
  • Volunteers receive a cultural orientation and 24x7 support by the local staff
  • We are not targeting any surplus revenues. All money charged is used to further achieve our mission and contribute to our local programs

Cristina

Totally recommended!

At first I was feeling kind of afraid because of the distance and the new culture... But the experience could hardly have been better. Since we arrived, Kelly, Jenny and Felipe were taking care about us, helping with transport and giving us security tips. Truly, the city is quietter, but there are also lot of things to do. The trips in Cusco are so special, with beautiful and unique landscapes you wouldn't see anywhere else. Moreover, being accommodated with a local family has upgraded our experience to a different point, counting on their help, their interesting conversations and their typical dishes.
Talking about the project, I've been in a little health centre in Cuzco. It was a less-favoured area, where I could learn a lot about diseases I hadn't seen before so frequently and I could perform some procedures that I hadn't tried in my country of origin. For sure, this has been a great oportunity for my personal and professional growth. It is always very enriching meeting a new health system and a different way of working, making the best with the little resources that they have and knowing the individual patient very well. The doctors were kind with us and let us explore and help them in their daily practise.
So, after all, I am really happy to have been a part of this adventure :)

Eduarda

Amazing Padre Cocha

I traveled by Iko Poran to Iquitos Peru on March of this year. I volunteered there for one week as assistant of kindengarden teacher in Padre Cocha, where it is an small amazonian village.
This trip was an amazing experience for me .
The kids are lovely , I was completely imerge in the local cultural, that way I practice a lot my spanish. Also if you are looking for a place where you can rest, be in contact with the nature and learn more about the local , this trip will be perfect for you. Jenny and her family are excellent holsts .

Marco

Teaching assistant in Padre Cocha

Over the last September, I volunteered for 2 weeks as a teaching assistant in Padre Cocha, a small community located at 20 min by boat from Iquitos, in the middle of the Peruvian Amazon.
The project consisted in a 2-week English course for local people of all ages and aimed at improving their everyday communication with foreigners, in order to promote tourism in the community.

During this period I’ve been hosted by Jorge and Jenny, the organisers of this project, at their b&b, who made me feel welcome since the very beginning and gave me all the support I could need for visiting the area.

Teaching has been an incredibly rewarding experience for me, as put me in direct contact with the local people, who really appreciated the time and effort I put into it and who truly believed in the benefits of the program.

In my experience, two weeks have been a sufficient time to forget about my own life and to dive into this new reality, getting to know new people and appreciate their differences and similarities from my cultural background, build friendships, enjoy the jungle and, hopefully, make a difference for this community. This first course, in fact, has set the basis for a longer-term project that will continue with new volunteers and with the same enthusiasm to help the development of this marvellous place.

Overall, I couldn't be more satisfied of this affordable and rewarding adventure, especially given that I'd never really considered volunteering before, and surely recommend this kind of experience to anybody.

In terms of organization, everything has been absolutely perfect. Things ended up being different from what initially planned, but the organizers have successfully worked around these unexpected circumstances and everything run smoothly.
The only thing I feel like saying, is that it should be specified that this project takes place in Padre Cocha rather than Iquitos, which in my opinion makes it even more appealing.
Adriana

My time in Cusco

I spent two weeks as a teaching assistant at a rural kindergarden. The experience was way different than I expected.

The children live very difficult family circunstances and you have to be ready to see and hear someheartbreaking experiences. Nonetheless they are very loving and affectionate to volunteers so you instantaneously feel welcomed. Then is up to you how you want to make an impact.
In my experience I came to the realisation that you cannot educate them in two weeks, and what these children really needed was love and support.

I recommend Iko Poran for this type of program because they offer support at all times if any doubts or concerns arise.
I was able to contact the Peruvian based advisor by whatsapp at al times regrding my situation and even touristic doubts and the host family was always there for a chat if you are having trouble adjusting.

Response from Iko Poran Volunteer Abroad - IKPVA

Hi Adriana,
Thank you for your review! It's always a pleasure to know more about each volunteer experience. It can be heartbreaking to see how some of the children's living conditions are. We are glad to hear that you could also see the beauty in the love and affection these children are able to give. 2 weeks can feel that's not enough time, but if that's all you can give it's for sure a positive impact in both sides (these children's life and your life). Happy to hear you had support when you needed.
Thank you for choosing Iko Poran.
Just a reminder that you have 50% discount on future registration fees.
We wish you all the best.
Iko Poran team.

About Iko Poran Volunteer Abroad - IKPVA

IKPVA offers a wide range of affordable, safe and meaningful volunteer projects in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. Our variety of programs includes Teaching, Childcare, Community Development, NGO Support, Construction, Environment Protection, Animal...