We are looking for caring and enthusiastic people with a passion for helping others to support at the Casa Hogar Torre Fuerte girls' home in Arequipa, southern Peru.
The Casa Hogar Torre Fuerte is a Christian home for girls and young women who have been removed from their families due to abandonment or abuse. It is based just outside of Arequipa, about a 40 minute bus ride from the city center. There are generally between 20 and 30 girls living there at any one time aged from 2 to 18 years.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
-Joining the girls on field-trips (pool, museum, etc.)
- Homework help
- Domestic tasks as necessary
- Playing with the girls
- Contributing towards a safe and stable home environment
- You are also welcome to get involved with mini-projects, depending on your skills and interests (i.e. after school english classes)
For those wishing to improve their language skills during their time with us, we can organize Spanish lessons.
View Program Information
- Volunteer Accommodation starts from $7 per night
- Arequipa is low-cost places to live. Volunteers should budget for $6-8 dollars per day
Questions & Answers