We are looking for caring and enthusiastic people with a passion for helping others to support at the Casa Hogar Torre Fuerte girls' home in Arequipa, southern Peru.
The Casa Hogar Torre Fuerte is a Christian home for girls and young women who have been removed from their families due to abandonment or abuse. It is based just outside of Arequipa, about a 40 minute bus ride from the city center. There are generally between 20 and 30 girls living there at any one time aged from 3 to 18 years.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
-Joining the girls on field-trips (pool, museum, etc.)
- Homework help
- Domestic tasks as necessary
- Playing with the girls
- Contributing towards a safe and stable home environment
- You are also welcome to get involved with mini-projects, depending on your skills and interests
For those wishing to improve their language skills during their time with us, we can organize Spanish lessons.
View Program Information
- Volunteer Accommodation starts from $7 per night
- Arequipa is low-cost places to live. Volunteers should budget for $4-8 dollars per day
Questions & Answers