View Other Details
The 7 Elements program in Peru is based in the lush Amazon Basin, separated by the Andes Mountains from the coastline. There you will travel inland to meet our indigenous Yanesha partners in a small community called Union de la Selva. Historically, the Yanesha people relied on a natural economic system, depending upon a balanced environment for subsistence agriculture, hunting, and fishing. They thrived independently of the negative influences of global economic and environmental systems, However, globalization, development and climate change have brought dramatic changes and increased vulnerability to this small yet vibrant culture. The Yanesha community has partnered exclusively with 7 Elements to support the development of community resources and sustainable food growing initiatives. Through these projects with the Yanesha, our educational focus is on the impacts of globalization and global integration on indigenous culture and the natural environment sustainability.
- Work with Native Yanesha in Villa Rica on local agriculture and horticulture projects!
- Learn and participate in the art of Coffee testing with a local Organization in Peru!
- Explore the city of Lima and learn about the rich culture of the Peruvian people!
- Visit a beautiful waterfall in the basin of the Amazon!
- Learn about Yanesha culture, dance and tradition