This expedition puts a strong emphasis on both marine sciences and scuba diving. Open to all levels of diving, you will learn scientific diving techniques and participate to our collect of data.
We think that 4 weeks is the minimum stay needed for beginners as you need to train yourself to diving and understand how everything runs on site.
This the basic organisation of a 4-week stay :
Week 1 : get your PADI Open Water certification
Week 2 : get your PADI Advanced Open Water certification
Week 3 : learn the techniques for scientific diving
Week 4 : collect the data with us by making surveys on fish and corals
You will go diving in the morning, two dives are planned per day (if the weather is good).
On the afternoons, you will have courses on Marine Sciences taught by our Chief Science Officer, add the data you collected in the morning to our database or involve yourself in community projects !
- Join a dedicated, ‘grass-roots’ project working to drive meaningful conservation initiatives at the local level
- In-depth training in marine habitat survey techniques from our qualified marine biologists, culminating in the collection of live survey data.
- Gain valuable experience and insights to set you on the path to a career in marine conservation.
- Our science team can provide support to those undertaking under/post-graduate research studies. We have supported many successful research projects/papers to date.
- Dive with Thresher Sharks at the world famous dive site - Monad Shoal!