Most Affordable & Trusted Volunteer Programs in Philippines from $220

Trusted by 90,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Philippines and 40+ other destinations around the world.

You can choose from 4 volunteer project options on the Phillipines program and give back for periods ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a volunteer house, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for the Philippines, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.

With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

Current IVHQ Volunteer Programs in the Philippines:

• Kindergarten
  • Teaching
  • Construction and Renovation
  • Environmental
  • IVHQ’s Philippines program is available year-round, offering a start date on every Monday
  • Highly affordable program fees starting from $220 - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
  • You’ll be joining between 10 and 40 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Philippines each month
  • You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 90,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization
  • Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs

Hi Jose, Volunteers are required to pay for their own flights. We know that flights can be one of your biggest costs when preparing for a volunteer trip abroad, so to help overcome this we have partnered with STA Travel to create flight itineraries and special offers, especially for IVHQ volunteers. Jordan McFadyen IVHQ Community Manager
It's very safe, the staff take good care of you. Also, what you do on the weekend is completely up to you. There's so many options.
The area is really safe. The northern part of Palawan is actually a known place of peace in the Philippines and the crime rates are really low. The village that this program takes place in is very small and wonderful but traveling around the island is also safe.
I want on the medical program but my roommate was and she went to the hospital every morning at 8:30 and came back to the camp between 3:30 and 4:00pm Monday to Friday. She did take time off as she was there for 12 weeks and they were fringe with it. She loved the program and was using it as her practical for her nursing degree.

Eugenia

IVHQ PHILIPPINES

My experience with IVHQ has been absolutely amazing. I loved my time in the Philippines, the people, the country and the food!
I found that IVHQ was really helpful through all my preparation before my trip, but also it was very nice of them to keep in touch during my volunteer experience to check if everything was fine.
I totally recommend this organization and encourage everyone to do this experience, as it really opens your mind and it is very fulfilling. Im so happy that I did this, and I would go back with no second thought.

hannah

Life Experience

IVHQ made the applying and departing process very simple and straight forward. Sufficient information supplied so that there were no surprises. My experience in Tigman Village, Palawan was a very positive one which i enjoyed greatly. I got to meet the most wonderful people from all over the world that added to a great overall experience. I learned a lot of new skills and a lot about myself in the process. The Filipino people are very friendly and enthusiastic making the accommodation a great place to be. Lots of activities and the catering was great! Come with a positive attitude and an open mind and you will thoroughly enjoy the experience. I would have loved to have extended my stay :)

The volunteer program on site could be improved with more structure during the day so that the volunteers are aware of the goals and aims of the project at the time.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hey Hannah, I appreciate you taking the time to provide your review about your time in the Philippines. I am stoked to hear your expectations were accurate from the information we provided you before your trip and that there were no surprises. I fully agree that a positive attitude and open mind is key to not only volunteering in the Philippines but volunteering anywhere. I hope you can volunteer with IVHQ again as we'd love to have you back. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager.

Yì qíng

The Filipino people are soooo nice!!!

I spent 2 weeks in the Philippines working on the Environmental project and I must say the Filipino people there are soooo nice!

People in the Tigman Village welcome volunteers going there. When I was walking in the village, the villagers greeted me with smiles even if they didn't know who I was.

Kids there are also sweet! I remembered a time when I walked past the kindergarten and was noticed by three kids playing on a seesaw. They didn't know that I was on the Environmental and said "Teacher! Teacher!" with excitement. (Kids there can speak a little bit of English while their mother language is Tagalog.) They asked me what my name was and where I came from(which were almost every kid's favorite questions to volunteers), and introduced themselves to me. It was hard for me to pronounce their names and they enthusiastically helped me correct the pronunciation. They were so glad to talk with me and jumped from the seesaw to shake hands with me, saying "nice to meet you". I took a photo for all four of us and they grinned widely. I like them and miss them a lot, for they were so cute, active and friendly.

The coordinators are responsible and very nice! From the orientation to the work, all the coordinators provided us as much support as they could. To be honest, working in the Mangroves made me sweaty, dirty and tired, but with the company and encouragement of my coordinator, I found it fun and believed all my efforts could do good to the local.

Great thanks for the local people! And special thanks for Glory and Sean of IVHQ, who gave me advice and support online before and after I went to the Philippines. Both of them are kind and patient to help volunteers solve problems.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Yi Qing, thanks for taking the time to provide your review and I am stoked to hear how much you loved volunteering with IVHQ. We really appreciate you spreading the good word of IVHQ and look forward to you volunteering with us again in the future. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager

Audrey

Volunteering in the Philippines, construction

Going to the Philippines with IVHQ was great! Every coordinator was very nice, helpful and explained everything since the first day. The camp is situated near the beach. On the first week, we visited some beautiful places around the camp, and did awesome activities to understand the local culture. We started doing the volunteering at the end of the first week. It was instructive, funny and a little bit hard sometimes because of the heat (I did the construction program). I highly recommend to go there, it was a great experience.

By giving some lessons or a preparation beforehand to explain the different methods used during the construction program
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Audrey, thanks for taking the time to complete your review on the Philippines program and it's awesome to hear of your amazing experience. We'd love to have you volunteer with us again some time. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager

Emily

Environmental Project in the Philippines

I found volunteering in the Philippines through IVHQ to be a very rewarding experience. The country itself was so beautiful and the people there were so generous and welcoming, I immediately felt settled in. The first 3 days I had for orientation I got a basic language class, went to a local farm, had a roof making class, went into Puerto Princesa for the day and also had a cooking class which altogether I found to be really enjoyable. For my actual volunteer work I did the Environmental project which included coastal cleanups as well as cleanups of the surrounding streets of the accommodation, visiting a fertiliser farm and learning how the locals sieve their own soil, up-keeping the garden in the volunteers accommodation, planting different plants in surrounding areas and watering them throughout your stay, lesson planning and then later visiting the school to teach the children about the environment and pollution and lastly going to the mangroves which I found to be the most rewarding part of the experience. The majority of our mornings during the week was spent in the Mangroves where we collected seeds and later planted them in a effort to rehabilitate areas of the mangroves that had be cut down significantly. Overall I left feeling accomplished and would 100% highly recommend going to the Philippines to anyone as I left having met so many amazing people and feeling as though I made my own personal impact on the locals lives in Tigman village.

The main downside of my experience volunteering in the Philippines is I felt I had a lot more downtime then initially expected and instead I would of preferred to have more options to help out and do more volunteer work. The program definitely could be adjusted and organised slightly better so that the volunteers can spend the majority of their days doing work rather than having so much free time throughout the day just waiting around.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Emily, thanks for taking the time to provide your informative review of the Philippines Program - I am sure future volunteers will find this information very useful. It's awesome to hear you meet some wonderful people and left the program knowing you had made a positive impact on Tigman Village. I hope you can volunteer with IVHQ again in the future. ^Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Shweta

My first time, but certainly not the last time

The only way you will experience what I experienced is if you volunteer at the Philippines! Being an Indian, where culturally solo travel especially for a woman is not common at all, I was very apprehensive and more so my parents were. All of that changed after my beautiful 2 weeks there. I arrived wanting to leave soon, but as days passed, I just wanted to stay back and not leave at all!

My personal tip: Stay for at least 4 weeks - that way you can truly make an impact and also make great connections with other volunteers

My learning: Being perfectly comfortable in the company of just myself as well as in the presence of nature - with animals, insects, fish, birds and of course with other volunteers irrespective of age, country or anything else. Also, learning from my little kindergarten kids was extremely valuable

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Shweta, thanks for your review and it's great to hear of your self-learning while on the IVHQ Philippines Program. I am glad that you ended up staying and loving your time, and I think that's a great tip for future volunteers. I hope you can return to volunteer with IVHQ again in the future. ^Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Bradley

I had the time of my life in a third world country

My trip was to the Philippines on the beautiful island of Palawan. Even though I ONLY stayed 3 weeks (I emphasis -only- because most people stay 2-3 weeks) I grew attached to the other Volunteers, Coordinators, and my students. My volunteer program was "Kindergarten" and I absolutely loved it. I was so sad to leave, and saying goodbye to my kids was tough. Everyone there was super friendly and loved having us. The food they cooked for us was ASTOUNDING, I did not have a bad meal the entire time I was there. The accommodation was good compared to the surrounding area, however, it is quite sub-par to any first world places. If you expecting to live lavishly while you are volunteering, the Philippines is not the place for you. But if you want to live like the local people and experience their culture, food, and way of life, then the accommodation is sufficient.
I would 100% recommend this to ANY and ALL of my friends and family, not only because it was nice living on right on the beach for 3 weeks, but it was also very rewarding to see my students and the other volunteers students, grow and progress towards the amazing scholars that they will one day become. It was amazing to give my time and effort to the small village of Tigman, Palawan, Philippines. They taught me too many things to list, and I've mad some very good friends from all over the world.

It's not for everyone, the living conditions should be made very clear before letting people sign up.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Kia Ora Bradley, thanks very much for taking the time to provide an insight into the amazing experience you have had on IVHQ Philippines. I am stoked to hear you enjoyed every aspect of the program and that is a great piece of advice for future volunteer expectations. The local team loved having you in-country, I am sure the children you taught were very appreciative and we would love to have you back to volunteer with IVHQ again in the future. ^Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Courteney

Volunteering with IVHQ, it’s a must do!

Volunteering through IVHQ has been a great experience! Not only do you get to see the world through the people’s eyes, but you get to live it also. Working to make small communities a little bit better, making people’s lives a little bit easier, it’s an extremely rewarding experience!
You get to meet so many beautiful people from all across the world. In the group I had started my volunteer work with, each of the 8 people were from a different country, of different origins, and all different accents. That alone was a great experience.
You get to see the beauty of the areas you live in, live the way the locals would and eat the local food, which is still pretty good.
It is definitely an experience worth living through, I strongly suggest giving it a go. I had my doubts, but in the end, every part of my volunteer experience was incredible. Best decision I have made.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Courteney, thanks very much for taking the time to provide this excellent review and I am sure it will give future IVHQ Philippines volunteers an informative insight into the program. I am glad that your doubts were put to rest once you were in-country and you ended up having an amazing experience. We would love to have you back to volunteer with us again in the future. ^Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Kevin

IVHQ - Green Lions

I wish someone had told me about this opportunity years ago because it’s an excellent program. You get to people from all parts of the world and go on some crazy adventures, but most importantly you can see how the work you do, directly impacts the residents of Tigman Village.

I just spent 3 weeks in the Philippines (it was supppsed to be 2 but I stayed for longer because I didn’t want to go) working on the Construction & Renovation project.

The first week is orientation, so the coordinators will take you around the village, teach you some of the basic words and phrases and take you to Narra market and the butterfly gardens so you get to see some of what the Philippines have to offer you also get to go to the Sandbar and try making some banana fritters which are delicious.

The weekends are great because it’s your own free time, so we took a group to El Nido, which was absolutely awesome, if you go make sure to do one of the island tours, it’s so much fun! (Just don’t but drinks with ice out there because you will get sick, that’s the only thing you’ll need to worry about).

The second and third week for me was helping to build a new communal area for the school teachers. I also needed to break down one of the walls in the school and rebuild a smaller one so bikes and tricycles could get through to deliver building materials. It was challenging work because it can get very hot during the day, but it’s so rewarding because you can see what it’s going to be used for and you know that you helped contribute to something useful for the community.

Personally I would say if your looking for an adventure, something different from your day to day, you will absolutely love the amazing work Green Lion do and the Philippines. The coordinators are excellent, it’s very safe in the village and outside and the school kids will come and ask how you’re doing.

There’s no WIFI and that might sound terrifying but it’s really nice to disconnect from the world. As there are lots of other volunteers there’s an opportunity to meet some great people with really interesting stories to tell.

The only issue I had with this program is that I didn’t want to leave. It really does feel like home after a couple of days and it’s nice be part of the Tigman family.

If there’s some advice I would pass on to future volunteers, I would say to remember that your not going to be able to change the world overnight, but it’ll be your help that directly impacts the overall success of the developing community as it continues to grow and develop.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Kevin, thanks for providing this awesome review and I can't believe you have only just heard about IVHQ recently, where have you been?! :) I am so stoked to hear that you had such an amazing experience, made friends from all over the world while also getting the satisfaction of helping those in need. It's also excellent that you were in a position to increase your duration while in-country and next time you'll need to stay longer! Great advice for future volunteers and now that you know about the world of IVHQ you'll have to return sometime soon. ^Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Caline

When in Tigman

My name is Caline Al Haddad, I come from Lebanon and I was a volunteer in Tigman Village for 3 weeks in January. Being part of the Tigman Family was one of the most fulfilling experiences I have ever gone through. Before reaching the village, I didn’t know what to expect. I was of course really excited and ready for a new adventure, however, I was a bit nervous and didn’t know what to expect. Once I arrived, I was really surprised. Everything was already set in the accomodations, people were really nice, we got a big welcome from everybody, and The Green Lions made sure that we were comfrotable and well set.

We started by the orientation week, in which we had the opportunity to visit the Butterfly Garden, the Waterfalls and the Sandbar. Also, our host Miko gave us a Tagalog class as well as a cooking class and an introduction/safety class.

We started volunteering the next week. I was in construction. The project we were working on was building a teacher’s office in Tigman’s school. Since the schedule is flexible, I was also able to try teaching for a day. My friend Nour and I went to one of the schools and gave lessons for grades 1 and 2.

I can say that the best part of this experience was sharing it with all these amazing people that come from all parts of the world. 3 weeks are not enough to feel like you’ve made a big difference in the village. However, living like the locals, taking part in their festivities, in their traditions, in their everyday life and making friends from all around the world make of this experience an unforgettable one. Breakfast with all the volunteers, the chicken fight, the basketball games, the village’s fest, chocolate time with my roomates, the famous karaoke nights every thursday and the firefly river are what I am going to remember the most.

The worst part was actually leaving. Before arriving to Tigman, I had never thought that I would get this attched to these people and that I would cry on the last day. After spending all of this time with everyone and sharing unforgettable moments with them, you become so close and feel like you’ve known them forever.
Sadly, nothing lasts forever and each one has to go his own way. Memories will however never be forgotten.

Tigman village, forever in my heart

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Caline, we appreciate you taking the time to provide this detailed review and I am sure future volunteers will find this extremely informative. It is awesome to hear the amazing, unforgettable experience you have had on the Philippines program and I am stoked to hear that the hardest part was you having to leave. With that being said, we would love to have you back to volunteer with IVHQ again in the future. ^Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Nikola

Christmas in the Philippines!

I travelled to the Philippines for a week to take part in their kindergarten volunteering programme. I enjoyed my time, far beyond my expectations, and the first thing I would tell prospective volunteers is...go for longer!

In the short time I was there, I met amazing people (both volunteers and locals), and was able to see how the team works so hard to make a positive, tangible, impact in the community. The children at the kindergarten are thrilled to have volunteers there, as are the other villagers who tell stories of how the programme has helped their community grow over time.

I was in the Philippines over Christmas and New Year, and would highly recommend it during this time, if you can. Everyone is in such good spirits, and you really get a feel for how strong the community is. We organised a Christmas party for the school, with games, karaoke, and performances from the children - which we all loved. Everyone in the village wishes you a Merry Christmas.

Though I have so many more great memories from the trip, instead of sharing them here I encourage people to go and experience the place for themselves. All the logistics work, and the coordinators are so helpful during your time there, so all that's left for you is to enjoy the experience. Get as involved as you can and be open to trying new things, and there's no doubt you'll have a great time!

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Nikola, thanks for your detailed review and it is excellent to hear that our Philippines program went above and beyond your expectations. It sounds as though your Christmas was one to remember and I am sure you and the other volunteers created the same lasting memories for the children of the village. We loved having you volunteer with us in the Philippines and I hope you can volunteer with IVHQ again in the future. ^Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Athena

Best experience ever!

This trip to the Phillipines was everything and more. I started off by having no expectations and just let my open-mindedness take over. You definitely have to come to this third-world and not expect to achieve things as a high standard. As I was explaining to Dani who works for IVHQ in NZ, this program definitely gives you gratitude and appreciation but also teaches you how to let go of first world problems that are really just luxuries that aren’t that important. The biggest tip are to forget the amenities we have back home and try to live in their shoes in the Phillipines. Some of my favorite memories are just becoming family with the staff. I am also Filipino and they definitely helped me understand my culture more. Some of my favorite memories also include just the people you meet. The conversations, debates, and diversity is very unforgettable. This program has opened my eyes to traveling and future volunteer work and career work. I will definitely be back. Thank you to Green Lion for being my second family. I loved this program! (I was in the environmental program which is very unique because not everyone can handle the tropical environment so I was alone most of the time, but mark and construction was worthwhile as well and would definitely recommend construction with SuperKing Mark!!)

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Athena, thanks for your review and it is great to know that the IVHQ Philippines Program exceeded your open-minded expectations, that is definitely some great advice for future volunteers. It's excellent to hear of your self-growth and I hope you can return to volunteer with IVHQ in the future. ^Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Deanne

The Philippines

Loved it here! The program I was on was the kindergarten one and it was very interesting and challenging at the same time, as the kinder children have very little English but try very hard to please the volunteers. The children and the teachers at the school are very welcoming of volunteers and that makes it easier to go there and have fun.
I would recommend this program to anyone who truly wants to live life the way the people in the Philippines do. The volunteer camp is beautiful and even though it is very remote it gave me a chance to realize what life is really like for the people living in Tigman Village. The staff at the Green Lion are very accommodating to all volunteers and try their best to make it work for everyone, I will never forget them or the children I was lucky enough to be able to spend time with.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Deanne, thanks for taking your time to provide an excellent review. It's great to hear that the teachers, children and our local team welcome our volunteers with open arms and that you were able to do some reflecting while enjoying the down time in camp. We would love to have you come volunteer with IVHQ again! ^Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Ivana

My experience in Philippines

I will start to say that the Philippines was one of the best experiences that I had in my life so far.
I went to a 3 weeks programme and before I was thinking it was too much time but at the end of the third week, I didn’t want to leave that place.
It changed my way of thinking and seeing the things around me.
In the village, everyone knows each other, and people are so kind and welcoming that after a few days you feel connected with them.
Saying goodbye to my students was the worst and best thing at the same time. The worst because I knew I would miss them a lot and the best because I felt that I had made a positive impact in their life.
In addition, things in the Philippine are very cheap and it's a wonderful country to visit.

Tip: bring a good repellent!

More activities with the children and other volunteers after classes.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Ivana, thanks for taking the time to share your review! It is wonderful to hear that volunteering abroad with IVHQ has made such a positive impact in your life and I have no doubt you did the same to the children you volunteered with. We have loved having you volunteer with us and we would happily welcome you again in the future!
Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Susmitha

Highly Recommended

I was with the IVHQ team at the Philippines for only a week, but that was enough for me to realize that this is something I'd like to try again. It showed me what it meant to travel meaningfully. You get to have all your fun, plus you feel good about it too. The Environmental program has varied activities for the weekdays, all of which I found to be educational in a way. The weekends are the absolute best. There's always so much to experience on the island from scuba diving to bonfire parties, it's all a thrill ride. Everything's very affordable and the people are quite possibly the friendliest I've ever seen.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Susmitha, thanks for sharing your review! It's excellent to hear that this one week of volunteering abroad in the Philippines has helped you realize this is something you would like to pursuit in the future. IVHQ will be more than happy to have you back to volunteer on any of our programs.
Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

About International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer programs in 40+ destinations around the world.

Over 80,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the...