Most Affordable & Trusted Volunteer Programs in Philippines from $260

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Green Lion - Camp
Cement mixing
Cement mixing
Mangrove
Mangrove

Trusted by 110,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Philippines and 50+ other destinations around the world.

You can choose from 4 volunteer project options on the Phillipines program and give back for periods ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a volunteer house, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for the Philippines, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.

With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

• IVHQ’s Philippines program is available year-round, offering a start date on every Monday
  • Highly affordable program fees starting from $230 - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
  • You’ll be joining between 10 and 40 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Philippines each month
  • You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 110,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization
  • Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs

Get Your Free Virtual Volunteering Course

Register in July 2020 for any IVHQ volunteer program and get a free online course in International Volunteering from the Global Travel Academy!

Hi Jose, Volunteers are required to pay for their own flights. We know that flights can be one of your biggest costs when preparing for a volunteer trip abroad, so to help overcome this we have partnered with STA Travel to create flight itineraries and special offers, especially for IVHQ volunteers. Jordan McFadyen IVHQ Community Manager

It's very safe, the staff take good care of you. Also, what you do on the weekend is completely up to you. There's so many options.

The area is really safe. The northern part of Palawan is actually a known place of peace in the Philippines and the crime rates are really low. The village that this program takes place in is very small and wonderful but traveling around the island is also safe.

Cloe

Kindergarten - 4weeks

I was volunteering there for 4 weeks!
It was an amazing experience. The kids were so lovely, I miss them a lot. The staff was super nice and the food at the camp was cooked by locals, it was delicious!
I really recommend it. During my stay, I went to El nido and Port borton, it was paradise places, don’t hesitate to travel while you are there, there’s so many things to do and see in the Philippines. You will meet many volunteers from all around the world, people you will never forget with different culture.

Jinan

I know the value of living

I want to Thank IVHQ for letting me have the time of my life, teaching childrens is my passion and volunteer with this program made my life change, i Really recomend everyone to try this experience, you wont be the same after it, huge thanks to IVHQ, to the volunteers, to the staf, to my students that stole my heart since the day i met them, i receved so much love from them that i couldnt repay them, they change my life in so quick and im so thankfull, greatful and happy that i took this challenge and go alone met new people new brothers and Sisters because we became so close in so short of time, this experience cant be expresed in words, life is to short, life sometimes is hard and tough but we should never leave or betrayed this beautiful human heart and make as a rock, we are created to love, yo help each other and to be greatful, so be happy of what you have and give more, life will never betray you.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The most surprising thing is the love that i receved for this country, the phillipenes is the country of love
Rhea

Incredible volunteering experience

I volunteered in the Philippines for a week alone through IVHQ and found it to be the most amazing experience. The people that I met from the locals to the staff to the other volunteers are incredible like-minded individuals whom I can now call friends for life. The food was great and accommodation decent- I got the most from my money spent. The place was simply gorgeous and I am thrilled that I was able to explore much of the area as well as contribute helping our world; I had so much fun and I would highly recommend volunteering abroad through IVHQ to everyone. I worked primarily on the environment project and was able to teach and construct too- allowing me to attain a huge range of skills and life lessons alike. On the weekend I was given great guidance to explore the area and am in awe of this beautiful country.

Absolutely nothing. Other than a heads up I can add extra days when I am there!
Marco
No, I don't recommend this program

If you are into serious volunteering, stay away from here

Honestly, I spent 2 weeks here and I felt cheated. To begin with, it's very expensive to provide what you are given. I was put with 3 other guys is a very small room, with 2 bunk beds. They definitely took in more people than they could.

I was staying for only 2 weeks and they offered me to spend the first-week doing sightseeing and other touristic things, It didn't look like they needed people for work....
You work for 4 hours a day!!! And sometimes we literally had nothing to do. You get charged more if you are in construction because they need to buy materials, guess what? there was no material available when we were there and they refused to return the money.

When I complained about a few things and gave mediocre feedback, (yes, the feedback is not anonymous) the guy (Miko) that works at the campus started giving me weird looks and snappy answers.
It's a real tourist trap, they waste your time and money.

Only keep teachers and nurses. The rest is just business
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that you felt let down by the experience you had with us in the Philippines. Since your time on the program in 2016 a number of changes have taken place, often as a result of volunteers providing us with constructive feedback, and I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts as well.

I'm sure you can appreciate that given the nature of our programs the environment and living conditions are often not the same as volunteers are used to back home and we do try to set this expectation in the information provided before you arrive.

In regards to your comments around the need for volunteers, we agree that it is important that volunteer travelers ensure that they are taking part in responsible opportunities that make a positive contribution to the communities they visit. We continuously monitor what's happening on the ground and take onboard vital feedback to ensure our programs are contributing to positive outcomes for local people and the community.

Courteney O'Neill
IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Jayden

My time with IVHQ in the Philippines

My time with IVHQ in the Philippines was absolutely amazing!! From the scenery of literally working on the beach with the local kids, to the other volunteers who quick become your second family and the amazing staff who go above and beyond to make your time as enjoyable as possible. I couldn’t recommend IVHQ and the Philippines enough, to anyone thinking about going - DO IT!! It’s honestly been one of the most rewarding times in my life.
My only regret is not staying longer..

The weekends are also amazing, often yourself and the other volunteers will go out on adventures to explore new cities and activities. It also works out really good on the budget when a group goes because the price of the transport is split between more people.

With love,
From Australia

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Definitely spend more time, anyone who is considering how long to go for, the longer the better!! Unfortunately I only signed up for one week and definitely regret that.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

We appreciate your epic review of the IVHQ Philippines Program. I am stoked to hear you loved volunteering literally on the beach, while making friends with volunteers from all over the world. Sorry to hear about your regret of not staying longer, it just means you'll have to plan another volunteer trip with IVHQ again soon. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager.

Giada

Great adventure in the Philippines

Hi there, my name is Giada and I am from Italy! This year, I volunteered for 7 weeks in the Philippines, in the Kindergarten and the Teaching program.
My first contact with the local staff was amazing, with Miko taking us through the Filipino culture during the orientation week. I had so much fun there and got to know so many international people that I know will be my friends for a long time.
The camp was also pretty amazing, being near a wonderful beach and the accommodation was quite comfortable.
I also loved so much the program! The kids work really hard on their English and they just adore you. I will really miss them all.
Thanks IVHQ for the chance to come to the Philippines and living a dream, which has been a fantastic adventure I could never forget!

What was your funniest moment?
We had so many moments to stay all together with the other volunteers, but the funniest moments were the karaoke nights, where everybody was free to sing and enjoy themselves.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Giada, thanks for taking the time to provide your review of the Philippines program, and it's great to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your 7 weeks. It's great to hear you have made friends from all over the globe, while also contributing to the Philippines Kindergarten and Teaching projects. We can't wait for you to volunteer with IVHQ again some time. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager.

isabel

worthwhile and meaningful

Hello!

I’d love to share my volunteer experience with everyone!

My name’s Isabel and my first solo travel was more than just a vacation / graduation trip / birthday gift to myself.

i’ve honestly always wanted to do something for the people of the Philippines, to be able to help and contribute. i chose to do the construct & renovate program and it gave me the opportunity to help build and construct this classroom-sized school in a village in Tigman, Philippines
for children aged 3 - 5 years old.

i was only here for 2 weeks but im glad i did this & im happy i could make a small small difference in these kids life. i cant wait for my next life changing trip.

thank you ivhq and the greenlion philippines for this amazing opportunity and experience!

- isabel

What was your funniest moment?
the funniest moment that happened to me while volunteering was when my group of fellow construction project members were mixing the soil and cement with our spade, i accidentally stepped in into the mixture and the next day my shoes became just as hard as the floor
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Isabel, thanks for providing this excellent review, and what a great way to travel with meaning for your birthday/graduation present. That's awesome to hear you worked on constructing a class room for the children of Tigman! You'll have to come back next time, but join the Teaching project and teach in the classroom you helped construct :) Sean - IVHQ Program Manager

Megan

Philippines

I carried out 5 weeks in the Philippines this year and i can safely say it was the best 5 weeks of my life. The staff both in the Philippines and from IVHQ were all amazing, I have no complaints. They were all supportive of whatever I needed, and I felt safe and secure at all times. Everyone has a coordinator who will support you the whole time, mine was Gia and she was especially lovely , the trip would not have been the same without her. You are completely safe in Tigman, I myself did not become ill but my friends did and they were taken straight to a doctor who saw the volunteers for free which I thought was lovely.
If you are thinking of volunteering somewhere, I would definitely consider going with IVHQ, the work you do will benefit whatever area you volunteer in. Please go with IVHQ and I promise you won't regret it.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would stay for longer, 5 weeks was not enough, I wish I could have stayed for months and months as I think I would have made a bigger influence on the children's education.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

We're stoked to hear you had the time of your life in the Philippines, Megan. We cannot wait for you to return to volunteer with IVHQ again some time. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager.