Most Affordable & Trusted Volunteer Programs in Philippines from $260

Painting
Painting
Cement mixing
Cement mixing

Trusted by 90,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Philippines and 40+ other destinations around the world.

You can choose from 4 volunteer project options on the Phillipines program and give back for periods ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a volunteer house, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for the Philippines, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.

With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

Current IVHQ Volunteer Programs in the Philippines:

• Kindergarten
  • Teaching
  • Construction and Renovation
  • Environmental
  • IVHQ’s Philippines program is available year-round, offering a start date on every Monday
  • Highly affordable program fees starting from $230 - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
  • You’ll be joining between 10 and 40 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Philippines each month
  • You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 90,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization
  • Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs

Hi Jose, Volunteers are required to pay for their own flights. We know that flights can be one of your biggest costs when preparing for a volunteer trip abroad, so to help overcome this we have partnered with STA Travel to create flight itineraries and special offers, especially for IVHQ volunteers. Jordan McFadyen IVHQ Community Manager
It's very safe, the staff take good care of you. Also, what you do on the weekend is completely up to you. There's so many options.
The area is really safe. The northern part of Palawan is actually a known place of peace in the Philippines and the crime rates are really low. The village that this program takes place in is very small and wonderful but traveling around the island is also safe.

Jinan

I know the value of living

I want to Thank IVHQ for letting me have the time of my life, teaching childrens is my passion and volunteer with this program made my life change, i Really recomend everyone to try this experience, you wont be the same after it, huge thanks to IVHQ, to the volunteers, to the staf, to my students that stole my heart since the day i met them, i receved so much love from them that i couldnt repay them, they change my life in so quick and im so thankfull, greatful and happy that i took this challenge and go alone met new people new brothers and Sisters because we became so close in so short of time, this experience cant be expresed in words, life is to short, life sometimes is hard and tough but we should never leave or betrayed this beautiful human heart and make as a rock, we are created to love, yo help each other and to be greatful, so be happy of what you have and give more, life will never betray you.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The most surprising thing is the love that i receved for this country, the phillipenes is the country of love
Rhea

Incredible volunteering experience

I volunteered in the Philippines for a week alone through IVHQ and found it to be the most amazing experience. The people that I met from the locals to the staff to the other volunteers are incredible like-minded individuals whom I can now call friends for life. The food was great and accommodation decent- I got the most from my money spent. The place was simply gorgeous and I am thrilled that I was able to explore much of the area as well as contribute helping our world; I had so much fun and I would highly recommend volunteering abroad through IVHQ to everyone. I worked primarily on the environment project and was able to teach and construct too- allowing me to attain a huge range of skills and life lessons alike. On the weekend I was given great guidance to explore the area and am in awe of this beautiful country.

Absolutely nothing. Other than a heads up I can add extra days when I am there!
Marco
No, I don't recommend this program

If you are into serious volunteering, stay away from here

Honestly, I spent 2 weeks here and I felt cheated. To begin with, it's very expensive to provide what you are given. I was put with 3 other guys is a very small room, with 2 bunk beds. They definitely took in more people than they could.

I was staying for only 2 weeks and they offered me to spend the first-week doing sightseeing and other touristic things, It didn't look like they needed people for work....
You work for 4 hours a day!!! And sometimes we literally had nothing to do. You get charged more if you are in construction because they need to buy materials, guess what? there was no material available when we were there and they refused to return the money.

When I complained about a few things and gave mediocre feedback, (yes, the feedback is not anonymous) the guy (Miko) that works at the campus started giving me weird looks and snappy answers.
It's a real tourist trap, they waste your time and money.

Only keep teachers and nurses. The rest is just business
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that you felt let down by the experience you had with us in the Philippines. Since your time on the program in 2016 a number of changes have taken place, often as a result of volunteers providing us with constructive feedback, and I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts as well.

I'm sure you can appreciate that given the nature of our programs the environment and living conditions are often not the same as volunteers are used to back home and we do try to set this expectation in the information provided before you arrive.

In regards to your comments around the need for volunteers, we agree that it is important that volunteer travelers ensure that they are taking part in responsible opportunities that make a positive contribution to the communities they visit. We continuously monitor what's happening on the ground and take onboard vital feedback to ensure our programs are contributing to positive outcomes for local people and the community.

Courteney O'Neill
IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Jayden

My time with IVHQ in the Philippines

My time with IVHQ in the Philippines was absolutely amazing!! From the scenery of literally working on the beach with the local kids, to the other volunteers who quick become your second family and the amazing staff who go above and beyond to make your time as enjoyable as possible. I couldn’t recommend IVHQ and the Philippines enough, to anyone thinking about going - DO IT!! It’s honestly been one of the most rewarding times in my life.
My only regret is not staying longer..

The weekends are also amazing, often yourself and the other volunteers will go out on adventures to explore new cities and activities. It also works out really good on the budget when a group goes because the price of the transport is split between more people.

With love,
From Australia

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Definitely spend more time, anyone who is considering how long to go for, the longer the better!! Unfortunately I only signed up for one week and definitely regret that.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

We appreciate your epic review of the IVHQ Philippines Program. I am stoked to hear you loved volunteering literally on the beach, while making friends with volunteers from all over the world. Sorry to hear about your regret of not staying longer, it just means you'll have to plan another volunteer trip with IVHQ again soon. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager.

Giada

Great adventure in the Philippines

Hi there, my name is Giada and I am from Italy! This year, I volunteered for 7 weeks in the Philippines, in the Kindergarten and the Teaching program.
My first contact with the local staff was amazing, with Miko taking us through the Filipino culture during the orientation week. I had so much fun there and got to know so many international people that I know will be my friends for a long time.
The camp was also pretty amazing, being near a wonderful beach and the accommodation was quite comfortable.
I also loved so much the program! The kids work really hard on their English and they just adore you. I will really miss them all.
Thanks IVHQ for the chance to come to the Philippines and living a dream, which has been a fantastic adventure I could never forget!

What was your funniest moment?
We had so many moments to stay all together with the other volunteers, but the funniest moments were the karaoke nights, where everybody was free to sing and enjoy themselves.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Giada, thanks for taking the time to provide your review of the Philippines program, and it's great to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your 7 weeks. It's great to hear you have made friends from all over the globe, while also contributing to the Philippines Kindergarten and Teaching projects. We can't wait for you to volunteer with IVHQ again some time. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager.

isabel

worthwhile and meaningful

Hello!

I’d love to share my volunteer experience with everyone!

My name’s Isabel and my first solo travel was more than just a vacation / graduation trip / birthday gift to myself.

i’ve honestly always wanted to do something for the people of the Philippines, to be able to help and contribute. i chose to do the construct & renovate program and it gave me the opportunity to help build and construct this classroom-sized school in a village in Tigman, Philippines
for children aged 3 - 5 years old.

i was only here for 2 weeks but im glad i did this & im happy i could make a small small difference in these kids life. i cant wait for my next life changing trip.

thank you ivhq and the greenlion philippines for this amazing opportunity and experience!

- isabel

What was your funniest moment?
the funniest moment that happened to me while volunteering was when my group of fellow construction project members were mixing the soil and cement with our spade, i accidentally stepped in into the mixture and the next day my shoes became just as hard as the floor
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Isabel, thanks for providing this excellent review, and what a great way to travel with meaning for your birthday/graduation present. That's awesome to hear you worked on constructing a class room for the children of Tigman! You'll have to come back next time, but join the Teaching project and teach in the classroom you helped construct :) Sean - IVHQ Program Manager

Megan

Philippines

I carried out 5 weeks in the Philippines this year and i can safely say it was the best 5 weeks of my life. The staff both in the Philippines and from IVHQ were all amazing, I have no complaints. They were all supportive of whatever I needed, and I felt safe and secure at all times. Everyone has a coordinator who will support you the whole time, mine was Gia and she was especially lovely , the trip would not have been the same without her. You are completely safe in Tigman, I myself did not become ill but my friends did and they were taken straight to a doctor who saw the volunteers for free which I thought was lovely.
If you are thinking of volunteering somewhere, I would definitely consider going with IVHQ, the work you do will benefit whatever area you volunteer in. Please go with IVHQ and I promise you won't regret it.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would stay for longer, 5 weeks was not enough, I wish I could have stayed for months and months as I think I would have made a bigger influence on the children's education.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

We're stoked to hear you had the time of your life in the Philippines, Megan. We cannot wait for you to return to volunteer with IVHQ again some time. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager.

Isabel

Philippines changed my life

My name is isabel alvarez, I’m a 19 year old Mexican student. I volunteered in Philippines 2 months and I can honestly say that it was the most amazing and unforgettable experience I have ever had. Getting to know the locals and get involve in their daily lifes is great. Some people think that the language barrier can become a big problem but I think that it takes just a little bit of effort and enthusiasm to brake that barrier, communication with locals it’s actually pretty easy because they try their best to understand and they always want you to be comfortable in their country. At first I didn’t know what to expect from the program or the house or even the food! But once you get there it won’t take you long to get used to this different but amazing culture. What I liked the most about the environmental program is that everyday is different, we had different activities like beach and street cleaning, planting mangroves, going to the farm and help with the fruits and vegetables, teach the kindergartens about global warming and other environmental stuff, etc. I went there with the idea of helping and teaching kids, but at the end I realized that they have taught me more about life, about kindness and of what being humble really means. It’s a great experience to get out of you comfort zone and get to know other countries with different problems and necessities of what we are used to in our daily lifes. I totally recommend it and I think IVHQ is a great program, well organized, safe and with really good programs in many different countries.

Don’t be afraid, all volunteers go there with the same goal, having fun. So don’t be afraid if it’s your first solo travel because I’m sure it will be great
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Thanks for taking the time to write your detailed and informative review on the IVHQ Philippines program. I am stoked to hear that you took away some life lessons from the children you taught on the Environmental project. We can't wait for you to volunteer on another IVHQ program. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager.

Jake

IVHQ in the Philippines

Hi, I'm Jake and I volunteered in the Philippines for a month with IVHQ.

Its hard exactly to cover everything but rest assured, any worries you may have amount to nothing in the end. The local support is plentiful, the food enjoyable, the country beautiful and the work meaningful.

Clichés aside, it's an amazing experience, so much so that I said to my parents it was the "bets decision I've ever made" and I think that speaks for itself. I hope others follow suit.

If you're really eager, even MORE working hours!
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hey Jake, thanks for providing your honest review and I am stoked to hear this was the best decision you have ever made. We hope you continue to keep making good decisions and return to volunteer with us again in the future :) Sean - IVHQ Program Manager.

Eugenia

IVHQ PHILIPPINES

My experience with IVHQ has been absolutely amazing. I loved my time in the Philippines, the people, the country and the food!
I found that IVHQ was really helpful through all my preparation before my trip, but also it was very nice of them to keep in touch during my volunteer experience to check if everything was fine.
I totally recommend this organization and encourage everyone to do this experience, as it really opens your mind and it is very fulfilling. Im so happy that I did this, and I would go back with no second thought.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Eugenia, I am stoked to read your review and see how pleased you were with your IVHQ Philippines program. I hope everyone takes your advice and comes and joins our programs as we agree it is an mind opening experience. We hope you can return to volunteer with IVHQ again in the future. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager.

hannah

Life Experience

IVHQ made the applying and departing process very simple and straight forward. Sufficient information supplied so that there were no surprises. My experience in Tigman Village, Palawan was a very positive one which i enjoyed greatly. I got to meet the most wonderful people from all over the world that added to a great overall experience. I learned a lot of new skills and a lot about myself in the process. The Filipino people are very friendly and enthusiastic making the accommodation a great place to be. Lots of activities and the catering was great! Come with a positive attitude and an open mind and you will thoroughly enjoy the experience. I would have loved to have extended my stay :)

The volunteer program on site could be improved with more structure during the day so that the volunteers are aware of the goals and aims of the project at the time.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hey Hannah, I appreciate you taking the time to provide your review about your time in the Philippines. I am stoked to hear your expectations were accurate from the information we provided you before your trip and that there were no surprises. I fully agree that a positive attitude and open mind is key to not only volunteering in the Philippines but volunteering anywhere. I hope you can volunteer with IVHQ again as we'd love to have you back. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager.

Read my full story
Yì qíng

The Filipino people are soooo nice!!!

I spent 2 weeks in the Philippines working on the Environmental project and I must say the Filipino people there are soooo nice!

People in the Tigman Village welcome volunteers going there. When I was walking in the village, the villagers greeted me with smiles even if they didn't know who I was.

Kids there are also sweet! I remembered a time when I walked past the kindergarten and was noticed by three kids playing on a seesaw. They didn't know that I was on the Environmental and said "Teacher! Teacher!" with excitement. (Kids there can speak a little bit of English while their mother language is Tagalog.) They asked me what my name was and where I came from(which were almost every kid's favorite questions to volunteers), and introduced themselves to me. It was hard for me to pronounce their names and they enthusiastically helped me correct the pronunciation. They were so glad to talk with me and jumped from the seesaw to shake hands with me, saying "nice to meet you". I took a photo for all four of us and they grinned widely. I like them and miss them a lot, for they were so cute, active and friendly.

The coordinators are responsible and very nice! From the orientation to the work, all the coordinators provided us as much support as they could. To be honest, working in the Mangroves made me sweaty, dirty and tired, but with the company and encouragement of my coordinator, I found it fun and believed all my efforts could do good to the local.

Great thanks for the local people! And special thanks for Glory and Sean of IVHQ, who gave me advice and support online before and after I went to the Philippines. Both of them are kind and patient to help volunteers solve problems.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Yi Qing, thanks for taking the time to provide your review and I am stoked to hear how much you loved volunteering with IVHQ. We really appreciate you spreading the good word of IVHQ and look forward to you volunteering with us again in the future. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager

Audrey

Volunteering in the Philippines, construction

Going to the Philippines with IVHQ was great! Every coordinator was very nice, helpful and explained everything since the first day. The camp is situated near the beach. On the first week, we visited some beautiful places around the camp, and did awesome activities to understand the local culture. We started doing the volunteering at the end of the first week. It was instructive, funny and a little bit hard sometimes because of the heat (I did the construction program). I highly recommend to go there, it was a great experience.

By giving some lessons or a preparation beforehand to explain the different methods used during the construction program
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Audrey, thanks for taking the time to complete your review on the Philippines program and it's awesome to hear of your amazing experience. We'd love to have you volunteer with us again some time. Sean - IVHQ Program Manager

Emily

Environmental Project in the Philippines

I found volunteering in the Philippines through IVHQ to be a very rewarding experience. The country itself was so beautiful and the people there were so generous and welcoming, I immediately felt settled in. The first 3 days I had for orientation I got a basic language class, went to a local farm, had a roof making class, went into Puerto Princesa for the day and also had a cooking class which altogether I found to be really enjoyable. For my actual volunteer work I did the Environmental project which included coastal cleanups as well as cleanups of the surrounding streets of the accommodation, visiting a fertiliser farm and learning how the locals sieve their own soil, up-keeping the garden in the volunteers accommodation, planting different plants in surrounding areas and watering them throughout your stay, lesson planning and then later visiting the school to teach the children about the environment and pollution and lastly going to the mangroves which I found to be the most rewarding part of the experience. The majority of our mornings during the week was spent in the Mangroves where we collected seeds and later planted them in a effort to rehabilitate areas of the mangroves that had be cut down significantly. Overall I left feeling accomplished and would 100% highly recommend going to the Philippines to anyone as I left having met so many amazing people and feeling as though I made my own personal impact on the locals lives in Tigman village.

The main downside of my experience volunteering in the Philippines is I felt I had a lot more downtime then initially expected and instead I would of preferred to have more options to help out and do more volunteer work. The program definitely could be adjusted and organised slightly better so that the volunteers can spend the majority of their days doing work rather than having so much free time throughout the day just waiting around.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Emily, thanks for taking the time to provide your informative review of the Philippines Program - I am sure future volunteers will find this information very useful. It's awesome to hear you meet some wonderful people and left the program knowing you had made a positive impact on Tigman Village. I hope you can volunteer with IVHQ again in the future. ^Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Shweta

My first time, but certainly not the last time

The only way you will experience what I experienced is if you volunteer at the Philippines! Being an Indian, where culturally solo travel especially for a woman is not common at all, I was very apprehensive and more so my parents were. All of that changed after my beautiful 2 weeks there. I arrived wanting to leave soon, but as days passed, I just wanted to stay back and not leave at all!

My personal tip: Stay for at least 4 weeks - that way you can truly make an impact and also make great connections with other volunteers

My learning: Being perfectly comfortable in the company of just myself as well as in the presence of nature - with animals, insects, fish, birds and of course with other volunteers irrespective of age, country or anything else. Also, learning from my little kindergarten kids was extremely valuable

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Shweta, thanks for your review and it's great to hear of your self-learning while on the IVHQ Philippines Program. I am glad that you ended up staying and loving your time, and I think that's a great tip for future volunteers. I hope you can return to volunteer with IVHQ again in the future. ^Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Location:
90 F / 55 F
Airports:
Ninoy Aquino International
( MNL )

The Philippines being an archipelago comprised of over 7,000 islands lends itself well to a melting pot of diversity with different cultures and customs on each island. The Filipino people are known for the hospitality and will happily tell you the best islands for each activity; from sky-diving at Bantayan island to the untouched Caramoan island, you can't go wrong.

Alumni Interviews

About International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer programs in 50+ destinations. Over 100,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the past 12 years,...