Building the Future in Portugal: Volunteer in Lisbon

In Portugal, over two million people are in danger of living in poverty, including thousands of children and their families.
This program directly helps these families by giving them a decent home. We mobilize national and international volunteers to rebuild and repair poor families houses so that they have a healthier and happier place to live. You will be integrated into a team of volunteers from all over the world that will be part of the team. Painting doors, repairing the rooms’ floor or fixing the bathroom wall, will be part of your daily tasks.
The best part? You don’t have to be an expert in construction as there will always be a supervisor explaining how to perform the tasks and making sure everything is correctly done.
The final results of your work will be better than you expect. The happiness of the families when they see the new home is priceless.

• Discover a beautiful city traveling like a local!
  • Volunteer on local non-profits and create a positive REAL social impact
  • Learn Portuguese in a very easy way
  • Improve your English, learn new skills and enhance your CV in a fun experience

Ben

Mid-November to Mid-February

I enjoyed the friendly and helpful staff, and had a great time working and meeting with local Portugese at my construction renovation project. I think a particular positive aspect of Impactrip is the location of the apartment: far away from the downtown area to be quiet and comfortable, yet close enough to any public transport to efficiently travel, not to mention Estrella's own sights to see in parks, churches, and neighborhood cafes like Tentadora where I would always get my pastries and cafe every morning. I look forward to more travel to other countries, as well as especially coming back to Lisboa.

Eitan

Construction and Renovation

I did 3 weeks in the Construction and Renovation program and had a wonderful experience. The staff and the people I met were all really helpful and great people.

Radek

ImpacTrip - Simply Amazing Volunteering Experience in Portugal

My volunteer experience in Portugal, delivered and facilitated by local social startup ImpacTrip, was incredbily positive - and indeed left a real impact on me too.

The projects were meaningful and real, meaning they were truly geared towards addressing social problems present in the areas, and thus made us feel we were making a real contribution towards something. In particular, my involvement with Re-food initiative addressing Food waste in the city, left me very inspired and uplifted!

The program had a good balance between meaningful volunteer experience, and a natural good fun along the way. After the programs, you can go and explore the city that has so much to offer, or conisder additional activites (like surfing or scuba-diving) that bring further benefit to local SMEs business and people!

I would wholeheartedly recommend this program, and know you wont be disappointed if you decide to come!

Boa sorte :)

Radek

Maybe by gradually offering larger selection of projects for volunteers to engage in. Otherwise, nothing comes to mind at this moment...

About ImpacTrip

ImpacTrip is a travel promoter that fights social inequality through volunteer tourism in Portugal. We have partnered with Just a Change to give you a life-time opportunity to volunteer and discover our country.

Just a Change is a non-profit...