GapGuru offers volunteer programs and internships in Romania. Our Romania programs are ideal for anyone with an interest in gaining medical work experience, or anyone with an interest in social work/child welfare or teaching.
Below are different projects you can choose from when you decide to volunteer in Romania.
- Teach English in Romania: Join local staff to teach English lessons to school children of a range of ages. Those with a better standard of spoken and written English will have greater opportunities in education and employment, so it’s important to deliver these classes with the most effective and enjoyable methods.
- Children’s Care Homes Volunteer in Romania: Due to difficult economic conditions, many parents are forced to move away for work and are unable to bring their children with them. The care homes for these social orphans can be uninspiring places to grow up, and our volunteers act as mentors, friends, good role models and informal educators to add value to these children’s lives.
- Nursery School Volunteer in Romania: Volunteers have the chance to work with young children and assist with the early stages of their development, playing games and teaching basic vocab.
- Summer Club Leader in Romania: Run games, sports and crafts for children in care, to keep them interested and engaged during the long summer holidays. You will have a lot of flexibility with the activities that you would like to lead, so you can make best use of your own skills and passion – sharing these with the children during this 3-week summer project.
- ER Medical Intern in Romania: Shadow doctors and nurses in an emergency department in Targu Mures, Romania. This placement is open to all levels of medical experience and training (including those with none at all). It’s a fantastic way to learn on the job in a challenging and fast-paced environment; the longer you stay (or the more previous experience you have), the greater responsibility you will receive.
View Program Information
- Pre-departure briefing
- Airport pick-up
- Welcome and orientation
- Volunteer placement
- 24-hour in-country support
- UK HQ support