GoEco is a leading eco-tourism company with a varied selection of affordable volunteer projects abroad. We act as a gateway to over 150 extraordinary community, wildlife and environmental initiatives all over the world thanks to our great partnerships. Join one of our rewarding projects and become a part of the global volunteer movement!
GoEco was created by experienced volunteers for people who are eager to travel and contribute to the community, wildlife and environment they visit. Join us in South Africa for a wide variety of programs.
- Animal Rescue & Veterinarian Shelter – Work with local vets at an animal shelter which rescues and rehabilitates abandoned or abused cats and dogs with the aim of finding each one a new, loving home.
- Big Cats Research & Conservation – Join top-notch researches and venture into the bush to track, monitor and collect data about the behaviors and movements of lions and leopards on a game reserve.
- Diverse Wildlife Sanctuaries- Volunteer at several local sanctuaries and a game park that are dedicated to providing an enriching environment for elephants, monkeys, wild birds, cheetahs and other wildlife.
- Great White Shark Conservation – Experience Great White Sharks up-close through cage diving, assist with data collection using techniques such as photo identification and share your knowledge with local school children.
- Monkey & Wildlife Rehabilitation Center – Learn about the rehabilitation process for primates and other wildlife as you care for the animals that cannot survive outside of the center and prepare those that can for release into the wild.
- The Big 5 Wildlife Reserve - Explore life in the African bush! Volunteer in South Africa with your favorite wild animals and experience what it's like to live among them.
- Ultimate Wildlife & Social Volunteer Experience – Get the best volunteering experience by working with both South Africa’s diverse wildlife and at-risk youth living at a safe house.
- Pre-Vet Wildlife Internship - Gain hands-on experience with wildlife, livestock and domestic animals while learning about animal health and management, game capture, biodiversity and more at this project designed.
- Wildlife Photography & Conservation at Greater Kruger Area Reserve – Begin your volunteering adventure with a 3-day wildlife photography course taught by professionals and then take your new skills out into the bush to photograph flora and fauna. Your pictures will be added to a database which is used for educational purposes.
- Wildlife Sanctuary – Work directly with animals who have been rescued or orphaned and cannot survive in the wild plus, improve their quality of life by building larger enclosures and enrichment areas.
- African Wildlife Ranch – Volunteer in South Africa and gain hands-on experience working with animals and learn about the wildlife conservation efforts being made on the ranch. Volunteers will have a variety of responsibilities such as feeding the animals, maintaining their enclosures, and providing them with enrichment activities.
- Cheetah and African Wild Dog Sanctuary – Be part of an amazing team that works to repopulate the cheetah and African wild dog populations in South Africa. Volunteers will help feed the animals, maintain their enclosures, and help with any maintenance around the sanctuary.
- African Elephant Conservation and Research: Explore the Garden Route of South Africa while learning about the behaviors of majestic African elephants.
- Cape Town Community Projects – Work with children and adults living in the settlements outside of Cape Town and teach them the skills they need to succeed in school or enter the workforce.
- Cape Town Orphan Care – Impact the lives of orphans by playing games that help stimulate cognitive development to prepare the younger children for school and provide one-on-one tutoring and support for some of the older children who may have fallen behind due to their circumstances.
- Cape Town Physical Education and Sports Development – Teach children valuable life-skills such as confidence and team work through fun physical activities and games.
- Cape Town Teaching and Community – Work at an under-funded, under-staffed school in the Cape Flats settlements and help give children the education and skills they need to have a successful future.
- Orphan Day Care in St Lucia – Volunteer at a daycare center in St. Lucia, home to the Zulu tribe, and help the children prepare for school by engaging them in fun, educational activities as well as assisting with community outreach initiatives.
- Over 30’s Cape Town Community Aid –Provide much needed support and guidance for disadvantaged youth and contribute to the community by supporting building projects, libraries, youth centers and more.
- Rural Healthcare and HIV/AIDS Awareness – Provide much needed aid and emotional support to those already infected with HIV/AIDS while also educating the community about the disease, prevention measures and other issues related to health and wellbeing.
- Teach & Surf in Cape Town – Work at a surf and adventure club for disadvantaged youth which aims to keep them off the streets and teach them necessary life skills. If you’re not a surfer already, you can learn in the mornings before the children arrive.
View Program Information
Africa » South Africa
Most of our programs include 2-3 meals per day, accommodations, pre-departure kit, comprehensive travel health insurance, local in-country staff and 24 hour emergency support. Please see the project details on our website for a complete list of what is included.