Community Development Volunteer Program in South Africa

Community Development Volunteer Program in South Africa

Our community program allows volunteers to get an in depth experience of our community. Lead by our local volunteer coordinator, who also leads intensive reflection sessions with volunteers, we provide a platform for volunteers to experience our community, to make a change and to be a part of something that is greater than us all. Experience our hardships, our trials. Experience our joy, our blessings...

Volunteer activities include:
Missionvale care centre - A multi-purpose care centre in Missionvale location. Work in the nutrition unit, community clinic and even help out in the garden!

East Cape Midlands FET College - Be a part of a tutoring team at a community college. Volunteers will run a resource centre on college, assisting learners between the ages of 17 - 26 years with computer skills, assignments and school work.

House of Resurrection - An aids haven in the Northern Areas. Help raise funds, upgrade website and teach children between the ages of 3-9years.

Africa » South Africa » Port Elizabeth
Volunteer Coordinator

What is Excluded:
Flights
Visas
Weekend outings (unless stated otherwise)
Personal purchasing

Ajike

Kurios Trend became a family

I had such an enriching experience volunteering with Kurios Trend Volunteer Projects. I was fully immersed in the community, working alongside staff at a local secondary school. The opportunity was quite intense, as it challenged me and other volunteers to adapt quickly to an ever-changing environment. Despite having to be constantly on my toes (literally and figuratively), I made some life-changing connections with people that I may not have had it not been for Kurios Trend. Also, the staff is so supportive and caring, which has contributed to my deep admiration for this company. Kurios Trend is so dedicated to building a sustainable community, and my volunteer experience has changed the trajectory of my life goals. I cannot wait for this company's reach to grow!

Response from Kurios Trend Volunteer Projects

Hi Ajike!!
Thank you so much for choosing to volunteer with Kurios Trend! It was an absolute pleasure meeting and working with you! We wish you all the best and cant wait to see you back in South Africa!

All the best!
Regards
Junayne

Haley
Atlanta, GA
Vanderbilt University

Life-Changing Experience

Volunteering with Kurios Trend in Port Elizabeth was one of the most inspiring and eye-opening challenges I've ever faced. Over the course of 6 weeks, I felt as if I had gained a whole new family and outlook on life. The day-to-day interactions I had with students and teachers at Machiu Primary helped me refine my definitions of love and compassion. The Kurios Trend Team was also an integral part of my experience - they treated us as their own and worked above and beyond to give us the tools needed to be our best everyday and to cope with the challenges that came with our work. I cannot recommend this program enough!

Response from Kurios Trend Volunteer Projects

Hi Haley!

We cannot thank you enough for your response. We are glad that you had a wonderful experience in South Africa and we wish you all the best for your studies.
Thank you once again for your feedback! We hope to stay in contact with you and hope to see you again in the future!

Kind Regards,
Kurios Trend Team

Kelly
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Vanderbilt University

Family

Volunteering through Vanderbilt University with Kurios Trend was truly an incredible experience. Uncle Andrew, our father-figure, tour guide, and driver, brought our group closer together and really allowed the sense of community to build throughout our four weeks in Port Elizabeth. Uncle Andrew is extremely reliable, trust-worthy, and treats you as if you were his own son or daughter. I highly recommend Kurios Trend to any student wanting to gain a real service and service-learning experience.

Response from Kurios Trend Volunteer Projects

Hi Kelly.
Thank you for your review. Your input means alot to us and it encourages us to keep working hard on our community programs. We're glad that you had a memorable service experience and on behalf of Kurios Trend and the community, we sincerely thank you. All the best for your future endeavours, we hope to see you again some day!
Best
Kurios Trend Team

We are a vibrant, energetic and young volunteering organization based in the beautiful coastal city of Port Elizabeth, South Africa. We offer unique and affordable volunteering experiences for all to enjoy. Whether you are a student, an intern or just a holiday maker, Kurios Trend