COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Plan My Gap Year has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily and may be offering flexible booking options as well. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
PMGY offers 1-week to 6-month volunteering opportunities in the coastal town of Cape Town and also on a world-class game reserve near Kenton-On-Sea in South Africa. Volunteers in Cape Town get involved in a wide-range of project work including English teaching, orphanage care and working with special needs children. Volunteers on the 'Big 5' game reserve enjoy hands-on involvement and a rich education in Conservation Management
Our programs in South Africa run throughout the year. We have two start dates every month so you decide when you go and how long you go for.
- Most Affordable – PMGY’s programs are accessible to everyone who wants to make a difference, through low fees and high-impact projects.
- Best Support – Our international and local teams provide extensive around the clock services to assist you every step of your PMGY adventure.
- Safety Prioritised – With safety a PMGY number-1 priority, we have taken all necessary precautions to ensure our programs are as safe and structured as possible.
- Extraordinary Experiences – With PMGY, you have the opportunity to truly immerse yourself in amazing cultural and travel experiences, ensuring you leave with unforgettable memories.
- Friendships for Life – Your PMGY experience not only opens up a doorway for new experiences and exciting memories, but also life-long friendships when meeting new people from around the world.
In stunning South Africa, help provide essential childcare facilities to struggling families in some of Cape Town's poorest communities.
Teach English and a range of other subjects to underprivileged children from government schools in the stunning setting of cosmopolitan Cape Town.
As far as hands-on conservation experience goes, this project, set in a world-class game reserve is second to none. The ultimate Big 5 wildlife program.
Spend a life-changing 6, 9 or 12 weeks of volunteering across the world’s second-biggest continent in Ghana, fascinating Tanzania & epic South Africa!