Pre-School Teaching Volunteer in South Africa

By joining this program you will provide much needed teaching support and manpower to disadvantaged pre-schools for children between the ages of 6 months to 6 years.

Pre-schools in our underprivileged communities often have very basic facilities and limited funding. EDGE of AFRICA works in conjunction with local education authorities to identify schools that are most in need of our support.

You will be assisting with teaching fun and educational lessons and will help local children to develop important language, creative and mathematical skills.

You will also be helping to ensure that these schools are a safe and inspiring place to learn by assisting with renovating and maintaining school facilities and developing teaching resources.

You can rest assured that your efforts will make a lasting difference in the lives you touch.

• Give children a brighter future by assisting them to develop important skills in the classroom
  • Help provide a safe and inspiring learning environment for children from disadvantaged communities
  • Work hand in hand with local teachers and share your skills and experience
  • Immerse yourself in South Africa’s unique cultures and heritage and make friends for life

Derinda

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Words can't describe how amazing my experience was in South Africa. Edge of Africa is such a warm, kind and caring organisation who put everyone else first and focus on the empowerment of the people of South Africa. The pre-school teaching was so enlightening for me and it only secured my decision more that I would like to work with young children. They are all so appreciative of what we do for them and appreciate the tiniest of things. The whole experience I would love to do all over again. Definitely visiting again soon!!!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I went shark cage diving!!! and it was honestly so amazing
1 person found this review helpful.