- Sri Lanka
View Other Details
After the tsunami, that destroyed houses and future outlooks of many families in Sri Lanka, Unesco helped to found this village. With the additional help and organization from our monch Sadu and Elfi Süss from Germany it was possible to build up the village “Future for children”. Today this village in Koskoda is the home of over 50 families. It contains a school for 200 children, a kindergarden, a brand new sports club with many different events and a local cooking and bakery hut as well as a tailoring and a car workshop facility.
We have many projects and plans for the future to make this village a better place for the local families, especially for the future of the children.
Our goal is to combine education with sports. “Learning by doing”. The children are motivated to learn, play and collect experiences for live all at the same time. For this and many more tasks we are looking for you, your positive energy and support. Come and teach the kids your sporty profession!
- Learning by doing sports
- Introduce new sports disciplines to our sports academy
- Get invited to the local village life of Sri Lanka
- Our goal is to compete on international tournaments with your impact
- Be part of a creative team of volunteers to create opportunities for the children's future
YES-Club, Youth Education Sports Club gives you opportunities to make an impact by:
• Teaching the kids techniques in your sports profession
• Show passion, support the beginners, find talents to bring them to international competitions
• We are specifically looking for professionals in volleyball, beachvolleyball, table tennis, netball, badminton, athletics and sportsclimbing
• With your experience in drama, music, painting or dancing you give the kids the opportunity to be creative in the world on stage
• Whatever you like to teach the kids in the kitchen or bakery, they might be able to use in the future to sell pastries
• If you are interested in photography and videography, you could teach talented kids how to capture fun situations
• The pictures and videos should be used on our website, for our newsletter and social media: if you could teach the kids in this field as well, that would be amazing
• You talk in English to the kids, so they learn the language by doing