Rugby coaching and HIV/AIDS education in Swaziland with Volunteer Vacations

Swaziland is Southern Africa's best kept secret and is opening up to tourism and becoming a 'must visit' destination!

However Swaziland has the highest figures for HIV/AIDS infection in the world and this charity introduces the game and passion of rugby into the schools and communities and delivers its own HIV/AIDS educational programs.

With 650 schools in their umbrella, they need your help to deliver the rugby coaching to the children, communities, teach the teachers, organise tournaments, make the HIV/AIDS presentations.

If you are passionate about rugby or sports, and want to share your passion with others, then this is the placement for you!

• Take your World Rugby Level 1 Coaching Course whilst there and come home with a qualification!
  • Make a difference in the country with the highest rates of HIV/AIDS infection in the world!
  • Travel around Swaziland with the Swazi coaches and see the beautiful scenery visiting schools and communities
  • Combine this placement with Sports Coaching in South Africa, Marine Conservation in Mozambique and Wilderness Training/Experiences also in South Africa!

Jake

Life changing experience

I went to Swaziland to simply fill up some time over my gap year, not knowing what to expect but I went out completely open minded and ending up meeting some amazing people and creating memories I'll cherish for a life time. I got to meet some wonderful children that were incredibly enthusiastic to learn, which made it really easy for myself. To sum up, if you get the opportunity don't pass it up!

Hallam

My Experience

I spent 2 fabulous months in Swaziland as a volunteer in 2013.

During this time we travelled the length and breadth of the country visiting schools with pupils of all ages as well as hosting sessions in local communities. Although most sessions are rugby based it cannot be underestimated how important the education that was provided simultaneously was.

I was also fortunate to be involved in the organisation of the annual under 18s school tournament as well as getting involved with the National Team and taking coaching sessions.

As mentioned the work SKRUM provides is so valuable.

The living conditions, food and the hosts were truly fantastic and really added to the experience.

About Volunteer Vacations

Our placements offer genuine work with charities and social enterprises overseas. We want you to get involved with a project that is making a difference to the lives of local people so that you can have a truly remarkable travel experience which...