Friends for Asia: Volunteer Programs in Thailand

Friends for Asia: Volunteer Programs in Thailand

Volunteer abroad in Thailand with Friends for Asia! With a variety of different volunteer options in various parts of the country, there are plenty of ways to get involved in local life in Thailand. From teaching English in the north or south of Thailand, to working with monks, to participating in elephant conservation, you are sure to have a great time!

All types of volunteers are welcome at Friends for Asia in Thailand. Teaching programs include teaching children at schools or monks at monasteries. You will assist the local teacher in English instruction. If you choose to work at the elephant camp, you will be helping with washing and caring for elephants as well as construction and maintenance. Visit the website to learn more about these opportunties!

Asia » Thailand » Surat Thani
Asia » Thailand » Chiang Mai
Asia » Thailand
Participation starts at a minimum of two weeks at $695. Each additional week is $100.

Volunteer Project Fee Includes: Airport pick up, accommodation during orientation and entire project time, breakfast every morning, lunch every work day, 2 day orientation (including half day city tour, cultural dinner and show), onsite coordinator, 24 hour emergency assistance and written record of service completion.

Patrycja
New York

Teaching Monks in Chiang Mai

This was one of the best experiences in my life. I am so grateful for this opportunity. It not only gave me a chance to share my passion for teaching and helping people but also taught me so much about Thai culture, tradition, Buddhism and fun everyday things. The Education system in Thailand is a bit different than what I am used to so it also helped me to think outside of the box and go out of my comfort zone. I’ve had experience in ESL teaching but this was nothing like I had experienced before. It depends on you how much you will take and learn from that experience. If you put your heart and passion into it and if you are willing to learn from Thais and monks you will come back home a different person. They culture is very welcoming and they are always interested in learning about your culture and your life. Be open minded and enjoy what the Land of Smiles has to offer. Apart from teaching Monks and learning about theirs lives and culture you will have a chance to experience beautiful events ,festivals, architecture and food of Chiang Mai. It was an amazing trip. Very fulfilling I am very grateful for this experience!

Taiysa
Kamloops BC
Thompson Rivers University

Professional and Rewarding Programs

Friends for Asia is a very supportive, professional and rewarding volunteer organization. They have the best orientation program I have experienced with a volunteer group before. They have support at all times for you. Their guest houses are clean comfortable and let you get to know the other volunteers. The have a lot of professional relationships with the community groups to give you a very meaningful and rewarding volunteer experience.

Brandon
Irvine, California
University of Oregon

Medical Intern in Chiang Mai

This internship was amazing. Before coming to Thailand I suffered from constant panic attacks that made it difficult to leave the house let alone the country. The staff welcomed the volunteers warmly and created a fun and safe environment. I made a lot of great friends in the FFA house and witnessed over 40 surgeries in the 3 week program. This experience changed my life and I'm so grateful for the opportunity.

If there was a bit more structure for the medical interns.

glazier_25
Brigham Young University

Loved My Experience

I spent 6 weeks with FFA teaching English at an international university for monks. I could not have been more pleased with both the FFA staff, and the project itself. Amazing life changing experience!

Wouldn't change a thing.

Friends for Asia is a volunteer organization that places foreign volunteers and interns in projects in Bali, Thailand, Nepal and Vietnam. Originally started in 2007, Friends for Asia has placed hundreds of volunteers, from more than 18 different nationalities, in our volunteer and intern projects.