Dog Rescue and Shelter in Thailand

Dog Rescue and Shelter in Thailand

The clinic and shelter grew from a tiny seed of looking for a suitable place for two dogs I’d rescued from the Phuket government dog pound. I’d been unable to rehome them, boarding them for over a year, which I could no longer afford.

I visited a local Buddhist temple to assess whether it was a suitable place for them to stay and while checking, noticed a few dogs with some health issues. I decided to treat them and started with a toolbox filled with flea powder, nail clippers and some medicines.

From there it took on a life of its own and has grown into a full-blown shelter with its own medical clinic and hospital.

The Bodhi Clinic and Shelter now cares for around 100 dogs at the temple and many off-site, at homes and places they don’t receive any, or adequate care.

Today we are an organisation that employs three fulltime staff members and we have many long-term volunteers who all love coming helping us out.

Asia » Thailand » Phuket
Project Types
Weeks Min.
Year Round
Guesthouse

This program has not been reviewed yet.

Dog rescue and shelter for sick, neglected, wounded and abused dogs in Phuket. Once healthy we do our best to adopt then out so we can rescue more dogs in need.