- United States of America
- San Francisco
View Other Details
In early 2021, All Hands and Hearts piloted a chainsaw training program focused on fire mitigation by building fuel breaks, creating defensible spaces, felling and moving trees. When it became too dangerous to operate chainsaws during the summer months, All Hands and Hearts shifted focus from wildfire mitigation to long term recovery by rebuilding the interior of homes that were affected by the fires.
Now that fire season has ended, All Hands and Hearts is resuming work in Paradise, California. We are resuming our chainsaw training program and operations focusing on wildfire mitigation. Join us this spring by participating in one of our four week service commitments!
- Zero costs to apply or volunteer
- Receive free accommodation and meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided during the work week Sunday - Thursday)
- Undergo on-site construction training, with tools and equipment provided. No previous construction experience is required to volunteer with us.
- Learn about wildfire mitigation
- Be immersed in a community that is dedicated to helping others