This program is no longer offered. View more programs from All Hands Volunteers.
South Carolina Flood Recovery! Now through September 2016!!

South Carolina Flood Recovery! Now through September 2016!!

CURRENT PROGRAM:

All Hands is focused on recovery efforts which includes the muck and gut, sanitation and rebuild of homes affected by the flooding in South Carolina on October 4th, 2015. Essentially, mucking and gutting is removing drywall and taking up floorboards that have been damaged by the flooding. Sanitation to remove mold and preventing further growth to ensure the success of the rebuild. During rebuild we are installing subfloor, insulation, and drywall. Also, we take the home to completion and make it available for homeowners along with their families to move back in.

ACCOMODATION:

This is co-ed communal living at its finest. You’ll live together, work together, and eat together with your fellow volunteers and moments of privacy can be rare.
The base accommodates the staff and residential volunteers together. There are four showers for each men and women and a laundry mat in town if needed.

North America » United States of America
Project Types
Once on program, we will provide three meals a day Tues-Sat. Sundays and Mondays are days off which means volunteers are responsible for their own food. Volunteers are accountable for transportation to and from project.

There is no expense for volunteering with all hands. It's totally free- awesome right? They give you free housing and like 3 meals a day. The only thing is if there is a day off, you have to pay for your own meals but it's not even a big deal.

Steve
Bloomfield new jersey
Tufts University

One of the best volunteer experiences I've ever had

I came to South Carolina a little nervous and anxious. I am in my mid-70s and older than almost everybody who's picture I've seen on Facebook. I was delighted that the people on projects were warm welcoming and just a lot of fun. The work was was hard but everybody was supportive and wworked with enthusiasm to muck and gut. The camaraderie among the folks was the closest thing I've seen in the disaster relief operations that I have been on with other organizations. I was so impressed I went back a second time. I expect to keep volunteering with all hands. Next stop Ecuador

Sydnee
Denver, Colorado

Just do it!

If you have never done a volunteer trip like this, this is the perfect place to make that leap. Even if you have experience in the volunteer world, All Hands Volunteers is an amazing opportunity. They are a fun, lively bunch of hard working volunteers. You don't need any skills to start off, but I promise that by the end you know exactly what you're doing!! Once you start with All Hands it's hard to stop working with them. South Carolina has a really special community with a strong need that makes doing the dirty work 100% worth it. You'll leave exhausted and wanting more.

Tracey
Houston Texas

South Carolina Recovery was awesome!

The staff on the South Carolina Project were so welcoming! We were living in the community we worked in and you could see a real need among the homeowners. I loved seeing the progress of rebuild in a home and the Site Supervisors were always so patient to train me if I needed help. I wish I had more time but I am going to try and come back this summer!!! I loved the communal living environment, we are all working and living in the same space. People always want to hang out after work and you really get close with people fast. I was not expecting to walk away with such great friends after 3 weeks on project.

Best of luck to everyone out there, keep up the great work.

More organized evening meetings

All Hand Volunteers is a US based, 501 c3 non-profit organization that addresses the immediate and long-term needs of communities impacted by natural disasters by engaging and leveraging volunteers, partner organizations, and local communities.

We aim to demonstrate the power and value of volunteerism through