Florida Wildlife Rehab: Rescue Orphaned Animals

Age
18 - 65 years
26 travelers are looking at this program

About This Program

Travel now to beautiful Florida located right next to the famous Everglades wildlife & nature reserves to take care of some of the most amazing wildlife found in the USA!

Enjoy the best of both worlds and volunteer at our wildlife center located between Miami in the south, the Everglades directly to west and beautiful beaches to the east! Take care of wildlife and help with them with rehabilitation so that they can be released back into the wild! While on your days off relax on some of the beautiful nearby beaches or go wildlife viewing! This project is in need of your help all year round and works with many different species of mammals and birds! The work with the wildlife on the Center is physically demanding and it is by no means an’ easy holiday option’! The minimum duration of stay is 6 weeks with a maximum duration of 12 weeks. Come now and have an adventure of a lifetime!

• Provide assistance at the wildlife rescue and rehabilitation center based right next to the amazing Everglades in Florida
  • Expand your knowledge on the care and rehabilitation of birds, mammals and reptiles
  • Educate the public and help with events
  • Visit the beach, go wildlife watching and enjoy the sun!

The project runs a non-profit hospital and rehabilitation center providing care for native and migratory wildlife in Florida. The project is a fully equipped wildlife rehabilitation center and admits many patients per year including different species of birds and mammals. The goal of wildlife rehabilitation is to return sick, injured or orphaned wild animals back to the wild. At the project patient handling and human noises are kept to a minimum in an effort to reduce stress and maintain respect for the wild animal’s space. All volunteers participate with the staff in the daily activities of the rehabilitation center. Volunteers are supervised by staff rehabilitators. Some of your responsibilities:
-Foster care for the animals
-Cage cleaning

Domestic Airfare
SIM cards
Travel Insurance
Visa

A Private room with a American homestay nearby the center reachable by bicycle and public transport. Meals are also provided throughout your entire stay by the host family (you also have the option of preparing your own meals)

Becoming a volunteer at the Wildlife Rehab Center in Florida is truly rewarding as you will leave on impact on the lives of the animals.

Video

$4295 USD
Twelve Weeks
$4995 USD

Hosted by Fronteering

Fronteering specializes in arranging unique volunteer experiences in places less visited and unspoiled. Our volunteer projects take place in some of the last frontiers and wildernesses of this world:

From the Canadian Artctic where you get the opportunity to volunteer with huskies and go dog sledding to the Amazon rainforest where you will live...

Nadja

My Perfect stay at Florida Wildlife Rehab through Fronteering

I wanted to update you about my project and homestay experience! I just finished my Wildlife Project in Florida. I just wanted to let you know that my stay at my homestay family was beyond perfect. I felt so welcome at their house from the first second on and I must say that they are the most caring and loving people I've ever met. They did everything to make me happy! They drove me around and to the volunteering program daily, They always asked what we wanted to eat and bought it immediately or even took us to the store where I could pick whatever I wanted. Also, they took me out to eat serveral times and payed for it. Their efforts go far beyond what they have to do and I really appreciate it. I even could stay three days longer! Also, the rooms where the interns stay are really nice and I really felt like being at home.
Working at the wildlife rehab center was so much fun. Everybody was so nice and appreciated my work and was thankful for every helping hand. I learned a lot about animals and the Florida wildlife, mostly from my superivor!
I can highly recommend this host family and project to anybody :)! Thanks Fronteering!

My stay was perfect
Sherzod

my holiday

An ideal holiday for me is full of active pastime, for example, swimming, playing volleyball, visiting new attractions, etc. My parents know how much I like beach holiday, that’s why every summer we go somewhere hot.

Last year we visited Italy . It was our first time in this beautiful and hospitable country. The Adriatic Sea was fantastic and the sun was gentle. Several times we went out to the fashionable restaurants to try local dishes. Italian cuisine is delicious. It involves lots of fresh vegetables, fruit, seafood and olive oil. I spent lots of time swimming, sunbathing and playing active beach games. For a change we decided to visit some local sights. First of all we visited the Venezian opera in the center of the city . It’s one of most beautiful ancient temples of Italy and the most visited tourist attraction. We also visited a Church in Giudecca iceland , which is famous for its dramatic views and stunning sunsets. All in all, it was a great vacation. I hope that we will go there again sometimes.

I didn't participate yet in this program that is why I can not say something.