- United States of America
View Other Details
Set in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, near Charlottesville, Virginia, Innisfree Village is a residential, life-sharing community with adults with intellectual disabilities. Residents (whom we call coworkers), volunteers, and staff live, work, and play together on a 550-acre farm in a therapeutic environment emphasizing empowerment, interdependence, and mutual respect of all community members.
Innisfree Village is looking for motivated, passionate, and conscientious candidates dedicated to rural community living with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. A life-sharing experience with Innisfree Village gives individuals unique experiences for discovery and growth:
-Through the development of meaningful relationships and connections with individuals from all walks of life.
-Through the building of skills and knowledge in community living, caregiving, and therapeutic work.
-Through opportunities to have a positive impact on the lives of others.
- Engage in a year of meaningful service
- Foster profound, genuine relationships
- Experience the joys and challenges of life-sharing in a therapeutic, rural community environment
- Expand your skills and discover new gifts and passions
- Contribute to an environment of inclusion and acceptance