View Other Details
Over 12% of Vanuatu’s population live below the poverty line, with 1/3 of people lacking access to basic services.
Experience the real South Pacific with IVI. Vanuatu has unspoiled natural beauty, jungle trails, unique culture, stunning coastlines and off the beaten path destinations to explore. With a track record spanning over 30 years, you can trust IVI to provide a worthwhile and authentic volunteering experience. Vanuatu is recognized as one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world. Dances, ceremonies, artistic styles, authority status, and cultural traditions can vary from island to island. We have 4 amazing programs to choose from.
Meaningful Volunteer Programs in Vanuatu:
- Nutrition & Public Health Outreach
- Teaching in schools and kinder
- Coral Reef Marine Conservation & Diving
- Community Construction
- Cultural Orientation Week
Meet other international volunteers and experience Vanuatu like a local!
- Covered in tropical rain forests, mountains and volcanoes, Vanuatu is a stunning group of 88 islands in the South Pacific.
- Travel with purpose in Vanuatu and help support underprivileged communities.
- 30+ years experience. IVI provides safe, high quality & responsible volunteer travel experiences.
- Over 25,000+ Volunteers Placed Worldwide
- Vanuatu is a short 3 hour from from Brisbane, Australia
Travel with purpose and help combat malnutrition and public health issues in Vanuatu. For those with backgrounds or education in nutrition, holistic care, dietetics, nursing, physiotherapy, medicine, and community health enjoy working in a team of like-minded volunteers visiting authentic villages in Vanuatu to provide health assessments and related services. You'll have guidance from a qualified in-country practitioner.
Located on a beautiful and secluded island in Vanuatu, help the local marine conservation team plant a coral reef. The waters of Vanuatu are warm, clean and full of sea life, however similar to various coral reefs in Australia, the coral’s are affected by climate change and other environmental issues such as pollution and over fishing. By assisting in the project, you’re helping to secure the unique biodiversity of marine life in this beautiful region of the South Pacific.