View Other Details
J2Guides is a gap year consulting service that puts empowerment, agency and affordability at the forefront of each family's gap year conversation. Co-founders Jane and Jason Sarouhan have spent nearly 30 years supporting young adults in wilderness, international and experiential settings. They are the only gap year counselors who have held every role in this field: they took gap time, led hundreds of students on programs as field instructors, directed a national educational nonprofit, and have spent the last 13 years as gap year consultants (and parents!) This legacy of expertise and passion deeply informs their holistic and engaging approach.
If you are here then you are thinking about a gap year. And if you are thinking about a gap year then you are someone who is ready to question, to learn, and to grow. If along the way you are looking for authentic, enthusiastic and experienced gap year mentors, J2Guides may be the right place for you. Contact us for a free consultation!
Video and Photos
- Mentoring students who are ready for new skills or experiences has been at the heart of our work for 30 years.
- Ours is a student-centric approach that is empowering, engaging and effective.
- Parents value the time, money and stress saved by our tools, strategies and vetted referrals.
- We are Gap Year Consultants accredited by the Gap Year Association.
- We have been keynote speakers for the Go Overseas USA Gap Year Fairs since 2011.