View Other Details
ARCC Gap East Africa explores the majesty, cultures, and challenges of three East African nations: Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania. We take advantage of our unparalleled access and gain a unique education on this fascinating expanse of Africa. Seeing the eager smiling faces in a Masai primary school while facilitating English exchange in an overcrowded classroom, we feel the scarcity of education. Tromping through the equatorial rainforest with wildlife biologists, surveying habitat for endangered species, we witness the environmental struggle. Sitting down to interview leaders from an all women’s community co-op set up to bring personal and financial independence, we see a solution. Building solar panels alongside local villagers, we provide sustainable electricity to family homes. Witnessing a family of elephants trek through the savanna of the Masai Mara at sunrise, we experience one of life’s unforgettable moments. Never again will you look at education in quite the same way!
- Work at a Rhino Sanctuary and Witness the Efforts in Place to Protect Africa’s Sacred Animals
- Whitewater Raft the Exhilarating Nile River
- Construct and Install Solar Power Systems into Rural Tanzanian Homes
- Shadow Nurses in a Maasai Health Clinic to Compare Traditional and Contemporary Medicine
- Study Education by Living with Students at East Africa’s First Free All-Female Secondary School