ARCC Gap East Africa explores the majesty, cultures and challenges of three East African nations: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. We take advantage of our unparalleled access and gain a unique education in this fascinating expanse of Africa.
Seeing the eager smiling faces in a Masaai primary school while teaching English in an overcrowded classroom with limited school supplies, we feel the scarcity of education. Sitting down to interview farmers from a community teaching farm, which strives to bring personal and financial independence, we see a solution. Building and installing a solar panel with local Maasai, we feel the power of service. Witnessing a family of elephants trek through the savanna of the Masai Mara at sunrise, we experience one of life’s unforgettable moments.
Never again will you look at education in quite the same way.
- Work at a Rhino Sanctuary and Witness the Efforts in Place to Protect Africa’s Sacred Animals
- Whitewater Raft the Exhilarating Nile River
- Construct and Install Solar Power Systems into Rural Tanzanian Homes
- Shadow Nurses in a Maasai Health Clinic to Compare Traditional and Contemporary Medicine
- Study Education by Living with Students at East Africa’s First Free All-Female Secondary School