As a country supporting 115 islands, Seychelles is ecologically diverse. Home to area-unique marine and terrestrial ecosystems, you’ll find over a quarter of the land under protection. This is an opportunity for you to contribute towards sustainable development projects in marine, animal, and environmental conservation.
Gain practical skills and experience by; researching coral reef recovery and climate change, working with lemon sharks and turtles to learn a range of safeguarding techniques, and collecting important data for government run sustainable initiatives. Each program has set objectives that are measured against the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Connect with the local community and international volunteers alike, learning about different cultures. Make new friends, encounter the rare and giant Aldabra tortoise, or travel to nearby islands.
- Live and volunteer on an archipelago of 115 islands, connecting with local communities and international volunteers.
- Learn about ethical volunteering and actively contribute towards long-term UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Increase your conservation skill-set, and gain your PADI divers and PADI Coral Reef Research qualifications.
- Travel to UNESCO world heritage sites, swim in supreme tropical waters identifying native aquatic sea-life.
- Experience a different way of life immersed in local communities, learning about the culture and customs.
GVI has a Community Development Internship in Thailand!
This is an opportunity to learn more about Chiang Mai's local Karen hill tribe culture, gaining intercultural communication skills and valuable teaching experience.