The FOCUS Chile/Argentina Fall 2019 program will offer students a world-class educational experience and become part of a diverse alumni network already engaged in every aspect of the problem to accelerate solutions. The cohort will visit with experts from Chile's rapidly growing wind energy sector in the Biobio region south of Santiago where we will learn about how the country has been so successful in attracting renewable energy development. In the south, we will spend time with organizations that have been working to expand the national park system: deep, complicated efforts at the nexus of conservation, climate mitigation, and public-private partnerships.
Our 10-week program will culminate at The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP25), an exciting opportunity for the cohort to engage with both leading climate experts and youth from across the globe. FOCUS fosters a multi-generational network of activated climate enthusiasts for our alumni to tap into.
- Earn a full year of college credit outside of a traditional classroom.
- Gain firsthand insight into climate impacts and solutions.
- Join a diverse inter-generational alumni network of climate experts and champions committed to supporting your academic and professional journey.
- Travel and learn with adventurous, thoughtful, and engaged young people like you!
- Emerge with a stronger sense of self, following a path towards a future career in climate.