Puentes Remote and In-Person Internships with Argentine & Uruguayan Companies

Take your education outside the classroom: intern and be immersed in Argentina or Uruguay with Puentes Abroad! We build bridges to connect undergraduate students and recent graduates with a range of professional and cultural opportunities in Argentina and Uruguay, or remote from your chosen place of work. Our internship sites vary from educational and human rights nonprofits to healthcare agencies and tech companies, among others.

Puentes provides a customized and meaningful internship experience, together with personalized professional development, engaging cultural activities, and constant support before, during, and after the adventure. We very purposefully curate high quality internships with project-based work so that you are developing professional and language skills, while also making a real contribution to the organization where you are working. There are no Spanish language requirements.

• COMPREHENSIVE AND CUSTOM PROGRAMMING: We have built the Puentes experience to offer an unparalleled learning, working, and cultural experience that is enriching and fun.
  • INTERNSHIP FOCUS: We strongly believe in the power and impact of a carefully crafted and thoroughly implemented internship. We take the time to get to know you and your interests on paper and by phone and refer you to carefully selected internship sites.
  • PROFESSIONAL ENRICHMENT COMPONENT: In order to further your professional growth, we complement your in-office experience with one-on-one mentoring sessions.
  • CROSS CULTURAL KNOW-HOW: At Puentes, we have a deep understanding of the needs, interests, and energies of undergraduate students and young professionals. We also understand the particularities and dynamics of Argentina and Uruguay.
  • METICULOUS AND CHEERFUL ORGANIZATION: We are highly organized, detail oriented, punctual, and ridiculously prepared. We approach programming in a cheerful way, as we strive for perfection and the highest standard of professionalism in all we do.

Javier

The bridge between dreams and goals

I felt that the Puentes team paired me up with the internship to make the best use of my strengths: marketing. They also paired me with an excellent mentor to help me grow professionally. My interests have not changed. In fact, because the Puentes team took the time to listen to my dreams and goals and took the time to pair me with the right internship and mentor, they successfully enhanced my motivation to make my dream a reality: a world nomad working remotely. The also provided me with the proper tools to immediately shift from a traditional job to the remote lifestyle.

Take the time to meet the puentes team, they are incredibly insightful and helpful. The best part is that they tailor their advice to meet your goals. I am working hard to start my own marketing and business consultancy. My dream is to work remotely and travel, their team helped organize myself and design the process to make remote work possible for me.
Jeffrey

Awesome Remote Internship Experience!

With Puentes Abroad, I was able to intern with Matriarca, a clothing cooperative based in Argentina that works with indigenous women to help bring their products to market. I collaborated with the marketing team to develop strategies for selling in the United States. Through these experiences, I was able to gain insight into future career paths, develop my professional skills, immerse myself in Argentinian culture, and meet an amazing cohort of like-minded individuals. The staff members at Puentes Abroad really care about their interns having a meaningful global experience, and I felt supported throughout the entire program. I would definitely recommend this program to a friend, and I am so grateful that I was able to have such a rewarding experience during a global pandemic.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I was very surprised that I was still able to learn so much about the Argentinian culture without actually living in the country. Puentes Abroad set up various workshops throughout the program cycle to help facilitate this learning!
Emma

Remote Buenos Aires Internship through Puentes Abroad

Even though I had been looking forward to participating in an in-person Puentes experience, the Puentes staff worked with remarkable dexterity, flexibility, and creativity to adapt the internship and cultural immersion experience to a remote format, due to travel restrictions because of the pandemic. Although I wasn't able to go to Buenos Aires in person, I gained valuable professional experience and created international relationships through my remote internship with a Latin American community development NGO, right from my desk at home! Through closely guided mentorship, the Puentes program staff supported and enriched my personal growth all along the way. I cannot recommend the Puentes remote internship experience enough!

Annie

It was a great blend of professional and cultural experience!

It was also very nicely tailored to undergraduates by giving us a perfect blend of support and guidance that young people need but also space to figure things out for ourselves. It has largely increased my interest in the Spanish certificate, desire to continue in nonprofit-related volunteer work or extracurriculars, and consideration of the sector as a future career. I know that in real life and not virtually during the pandemic (for future post-pandemic readers) it would've been even more magnificent. Definitely recommend! :)))

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
The coronavirus pandemic so that I could actually meet all the great people in person!
Jon

Amazing internship in Buenos Aires

I was fortunate to receive a summer internship through Puentes, which helped and advised me at every step of the way. Through Puentes, I built some of the most meaningful professional and personal relationships of my life. I came to know other students, my coworkers, and my host family, all of whom guided and taught me during my time in Argentina. Before the internship, I was apprehensive about spending two and a half months in Buenos Aires. Yet, Puentes provided personalized attention at a level I could not have imagined. Both at my homestay and my workplace, I knew I could rely on the Puentes team to help me if anything were to arise. Furthermore, Puentes offered a number of auxiliary trips, activities, and experiences, which enhanced my time in Argentina.

Hunter

An Argentine Summer with Puentes

From the moment I arrived in Buenos Aires, I was greeted by the Puentes staff and reassured that they would be there for whatever I needed. That first weekend was packed with useful information sessions and a great city tour that introduced me to the place I'd call home for the next two months. Curt, Ann, and Alicia were so friendly and often expressed their genuine interest in making our summer full of growth and enjoyable experiences. My internship site was incredible -- definitely something I did not expect, but was my hub of learning, creativity, and friendship. I got to explore the city and other parts of Argentina with other Puentes interns, and those memories are some that I will cherish forever! Overall, I had the most incredible summer with Puentes, and I would do it all again if I had the chance!!

Louis

Amazing experience that propelled my professional and international career.

Puentes provided an amazing experience from the beginning interview process all the way to the end of my internship. As an international business student, I was looking for a way to gain meaningful work experience abroad while enjoying the aspects of being fully immersed in a foreign language. I arrived in Buenos Aires in May 2015 and worked as an intern for www.entrusters.com before returning back home for my junior year in August. Since then, this experience has helped me in future roles developing other startups and working in multinational corporations. Personal and professional support was completely customized by both the Puentes staff and company I worked for. I would totally recommend to anyone considering traveling abroad during their university years.

Lynn

Puentes Abroad Review

I wish I could do my experience in Argentina all over again. I really enjoyed my internship at La Comisión Fulbright Argentina. Puentes did a great job matching us with internships and allowing up to connect with opportunities in Buenos Aires and around Argentina. I gained equally from my internship and cultural experiences. I gained more from my roommate experience than advertised- we got incredibly close through spending time traveling and exploring Buenos Aires. Overall, would recommend.

More organization on the front end, especially in regards to housing and roommates. Also more follow through with the professional development, such as following through on resume edits and linkedin updates.