Work & Travel Australia

Live the adventure, make friends, & earn money.

Start with a week at one of the hippest Sydney or Melbourne hostels where you'll have daily activities with new friends! Your orientation meeting will offer information on finding jobs throughout the country (with a primary focus on Sydney and Melbourne). Support staff are available to help connect you with jobs and provide guidance on the logistics of living, working and traveling.

Expect to find short-term jobs (e.g. hotels, bars, restaurants, cafes, warehouses, office temping, fruit picking, etc.), which you can string together to help fund your adventures. Our partner has exclusive access to lots of short-term positions in the Sydney / Melbourne area, and a helpful database of work opportunities throughout the country!

• Welcome week with activities and new friends
  • Job placement service in Melbourne and Sydney
  • Jobs database covering the rest of the country
  • Logistical support for as long as you're on the program (up to one year with possibility to extend)

Hi, thanks for stopping by! Unfortunately we don't have the resources to answer your question, so we recommend reaching out to the program provider directly instead! Here is a link that will take you right to their contact info: https://www.interexchange.org/contact/ .

Joe

Amazing

Working through interexchange opened up so many opportunities that I would not have had if I never decided to go to Australia. One of my most memeorable moments was getting to set up the Lord Mayor's New Years Eve party. After setting up the party I was allowed to attends the party free of cost and got the meet the Lord Mayor before the party.

Jason

'Stralia Mate!

I lived in Australia for the better part of a year. I have so many stories to share but this one always makes me smile. Back in October I had gone SCUBA diving at the Great Barrier Reef. It was on a live-aboard vessel with 25 other divers. This one night was the first time a bunch of us were going on a night dive. As we were on the deck, prepping the tanks and putting on our equipment, all of the newbies were chatting to each other. "Are you nervous?" "Yeah mate I'm terrified! Are you?" "I'm pretty scared." So on and so on. My lead instructor, who was a bit of a prankster, had heard all of us chatting about how scared we were. He walked smoothly passed us, grabbed a diving fin, and stood right on the edge of the boat where the lone searchlight was shining. He then proceeded to smack the water with the fin a couple of times. Immediately just then, 30 white tip reef sharks swam in frenzied circles, searching for whatever created the racket. All of us divers stared at the water in shock, and all my instructor quipped was, "Who's first?" *Grin*

I have one complaint, and one improvement to suggest. First the complaint. The work desk at Work and Travel Company was very friendly, and helped me sort out all my working documents. But they did not help me find adequate work. The jobs they'd give me were very on and off. If I needed consistent work, then it was on me to find it. That was a bit frustrating.

The suggestion I have is to allow a 6 month, or better yet 3 month option for purchase. Having Interexchange and WTC with me upon arriving in Australia was wonderful. It really eased my transition so well. And they provided a nice hub for me to visit when I needed help or to do research. But after spending a few months abroad, getting into working and traveling, and speaking with the locals, I found that I no longer needed the help of Work and Travel. I had become independent. Additionally, once I left the Sydney region the work department was of little help to me. So that is why I suggest a 3 month option. Looking back and knowing what I know now, that is what I would purchase for myself. I will recommend this service to other people, but I'll be honest and tell them that they probably won't need it for the full year. Thank you for the opportunity regardless!

About InterExchange

InterExchange is a nonprofit organization devoted to promoting cross-cultural awareness through international work and volunteer exchange programs. For 40+ years, InterExchange has connected young adults from all over the world with life-changing...