View Other Details
Discover Year is a Certified Educational Institution recognized by the Canadian Government, which means RESPs can be used towards program fees.
The program also offers financial aid for students who require it.
Discover Year is an accredited Canadian post-secondary education program that enables young adults to build essential skills for their careers and lives. We emphasize the development of self-confidence, self-awareness, adaptability, and interpersonal skills such as communication, emotional intelligence, and collaboration. We integrate the following components in this one year career and leadership development certificate:
- Community service
- Essential skills workshops
- Career and Life Coaching
- Experience a structured, purposeful gap year alongside a truly amazing community of coaches, mentors and students.
- Gain confidence and independence! Discover Year helps students with things like public speaking, leadership, collaboration and decision making.
- Learn and develop crucial soft-skills during our weekly workshops, such as interpersonal communication, giving & receiving feedback, psychological safety, financial planning for young adults, and so much more
- Students travel anywhere in the world during the month of February! Push yourself outside of your comfort zone to experience something new. Gain a new perspective about the world to enrich your feelings of gratitude & empathy, and to gain life experience!
- Discover Year creates an environment of oppenness, authenticity and vulnerability, which in turn enables young adults to become the best version of themselves.