View Other Details
Discover Year is a Certified Educational Institution recognized by the Canadian Government, which means RESPs (Registered Education Savings Plan) can be used towards program fees. The entire program fee can be claimed as a tuition tax credit.
The program also offers financial aid for students who require it.
Discover Year is an innovative one-year career and life skills gap year program that helps young adults better understand what they want and build the skills they need to go out and get it. Our students build stronger self-awareness, confidence, communication skills and resilience to thrive in whatever education or career path they take. They achieve these results through:
- Community service
- Essential skills workshops
- Career and Life Coaching
- Experience a structured, purposeful gap year alongside a truly amazing community of coaches, mentors and students.
- Gain confidence and independence! Discover Year helps students with things like public speaking, leadership, collaboration and decision making.
- Learn and develop crucial soft-skills during our weekly workshops, such as interpersonal communication, giving & receiving feedback, psychological safety, financial planning for young adults, and so much more
- Students travel anywhere in the world during the month of February! Push yourself outside of your comfort zone to experience something new. Gain a new perspective about the world to enrich your feelings of gratitude & empathy, and to gain life experience!
- Discover Year creates an environment of oppenness, authenticity and vulnerability, which in turn enables young adults to become the best version of themselves.