Work & Travel South America: Chile Working Holiday for Canadians

Stepabroad’s Working Holiday Program for Canadians allows you to travel South America and experience life like a local in breathtaking Chile. Work for your accommodations and meals and reduce the expenses of your time abroad. While you’re in Chile, Stepabroad will be there every step of the way, from walking you through the visa application process to finding you the perfect work placement and arranging your secure accommodation.

Spend up to 6 months in Chile, a country full of natural landscapes and breathtaking views. Stepabroad's Working Holiday Program in Chile offers participants guaranteed placements at a hotel/hostel, ski resort, surf school, or tourism operator! Surround yourself with rich Chilean culture and be a local in a new country. Ski the Andes, trek the driest desert in the world, and discover inactive volcanoes all in Chile!

• Receive benefits such as accommodation and meals!
  • Improve your Spanish!
  • Guaranteed job placement!

female on the beach
Geneviève

The Perfect Support System

I went on a working abroad holiday with Stepabroad to Chile. Initially I was supposed to stay a full 4 months on the island of Chiloé. While the experience on the island was incredible, I was itching for a change.

Stepabroad put everything in motion for me to be able to head on out to Santiago (with a quick little break in Argentina and Uruguay which was delightful) and get a change of pace. I only had to voice out my impression and they took care of everything. Working in Santiago was better than I could've imagined. The city is vibrant, there is always something to do and I was surrounded by plenty of other travelers.

I really felt like Stepabroad cared about me and how I felt while I was halfway across the world. No question was left unanswered and I really did feel like I could voice my thoughts. They took out a huge stress for me and it really helped me enjoy my time in Santiago to the fullest. I worked in a lovely hostel in the center of Santiago. I had two days off per week and I spent that time exploring the city. Working at a hostel also meant free tours to a couple of cool places that I would've never had an opportunity to visit had it not been for this program.

Plus, I get another neat experience on my résumé!

Add more countries!
female on the beach
Geneviève

A Great Helping Hand

Not to brag (which usually means that someone is about to brag) but I’ve travelled and worked abroad quite a lot. However, this was my first time having help in the matter. I’ve been through mountains of web searches and paper work and countless confusing exchanges with varying degrees of success.
This time, Stebabroad took care of everything for me, and I mean everything. It was an extremely stress-free experience. They found a job for me, they helped me book flights, find accommodation and sent me a literal novel of tidbits on Chile so that I’d know everything there was to know before I even stepped foot in the country. They even got me a pick-up from the airport!
All throughout the trip, my coordinator was only an e-mail, or a Skype call away to help me out with any worries or questions. It’s really comforting when you’re halfway across the world, to know that you have someone back home whose got your back. I never felt left to my own devices.
Working in another country let’s you experience it in a way most people would never dream of but getting there isn’t always easy. Stepabroad took care of the nitty and gritty so that I could enjoy all the good parts. And there are so many good parts. I’m talking all the food, the views, the people, the trips, the experiences and so much more. I’m not usually one to ask for help, but sometimes, it’s worth it.

The more experience they gain the more everything will run smoothly. It's hard to expect how each individual will react in each specific situations, but the more hosts they get and the more they get to know the hosts the better the program will be.

About Stepabroad

Stepabroad gives Canadians, typically between the ages of 18 and 30, the chance to experience work and travel in four destinations around the globe. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing travel agencies based in downtown Vancouver, Stepabroad...