- - Practice and grow your Spanish language skills through immersion and homestays.
- - Volunteer in service learning projects at the Toucan Ranch, and in Community Development where we learn how local communities grow food for themselves and others.
- - Develop skills in independent travel, scuba, leadership, surfing, trekking, sustainability, conservation and snorkeling.
- - Explore Central America's highlights – Mayan ruins, volcanoes, world heritage sites, islands, reefs, beaches, national parks.
- - Experience transformative personal growth that pushes students to reflect and ask questions of themselves, working towards a deeper understanding of their values, identity, passions and purpose.
How do you want to experience our world? Join us for a life-changing, overland journey thought the cultural heart of Central America: Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
10-week program for ages 18-24. Fall and Spring departures. Scholarships and academic credit available.
Develop a global perspective, independence, leadership and Spanish skills through outdoor expeditions, service learning projects, and authentic cultural and language immersion. Pacific Discovery programs foster empathy for other cultures, ethical and sustainable travel practices, and awareness of international issues. Students leave with a deepened sense of their identity, passion, and purpose.
Pacific Discovery is a global leader in experiential education, offering inspiring summer, semester, and gap year programs abroad since 2001, and is an inaugural member of the American Gap Association.
- Visit our website to request a detailed information booklet for this program –
View Program Information
This program has not been reviewed yet.