How do you want to experience our world? Join us for a life-changing, overland journey thought the cultural heart of Central America: Mexico, Belize, Guatemala and Costa Rica.
10-week program for ages 18-24. Fall and Spring departures. Scholarships and academic credit available.
Develop a global perspective, independence, leadership and Spanish skills through outdoor expeditions, service learning projects, and authentic cultural and language immersion. Pacific Discovery programs foster empathy for other cultures, ethical and sustainable travel practices, and awareness of international issues. Students leave with a deepened sense of their identity, passion, and purpose.
Pacific Discovery is a global leader in experiential education, offering inspiring summer, semester, and gap year programs abroad since 2001, and is an inaugural member of the American Gap Association.
- Visit our website to request a detailed information booklet for this program –
- - Practice and grow your Spanish language skills through immersion and homestays.
- - Service learning project; coral restoration service learning in Cozumel, Mexico
- - Develop skills in independent travel, scuba diving (obtain your PADI), leadership, surfing, trekking, sustainability, conservation and snorkeling.
- - Explore Central America's highlights – Mayan ruins, volcanoes, world heritage sites, islands, reefs, beaches, national parks.
- - Spend a week at Doron Yoga Centre experiencing different styles of yoga, including Stand Up Paddle board (SUP) yoga, and practicing meditation.