- Costa Rica
View Other Details
Challenge yourself on this inspiring experiential gap year semester journeying through the astounding cultural and environmental diversity, ancient ruins, and spectacular land and seascapes of Mexico, Guatemala and Costa Rica.
Join us on this journey, witnessing the cenotes and Mayan ruins of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula, down to the black sand beaches and exotic animals of Costa Rica and through the rich highlands of volcanic Guatemala. You will absorb, explore, interact with, and understand the beautiful diversity of these locations. Your days will be as varied as the countries you visit, with a fusion of hands-on volunteer work, connecting with locals, learning the Spanish language, camping under the stars, and serious doses of adventures.
- Practice and grow your Spanish language skills through immersion
- Care for sloths and monkeys at an animal rescue center
- Learn to scuba dive and explore the underwater world in Cozumel
- Witness volcanoes glowing in the dark from your tent on overnight hikes
- Experience homestays with Guatemalan families and live like a local for a week