- Byron Bay
- Sunshine Coast
- Fraser Island
- Great Barrier Reef
View Other Details
All in-country travel and transport excluding flights
All expeditions, activities, excursions, entry fees and adventure travel as described in the itinerary
Experienced Program Instructors and local guides
Environmental education and volunteering projects
Hop onto this summer program abroad and go canyoning in the Blue Mountains, hiking on Magnetic Island, boating among the Whitsundays Islands, and snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef. Along your journey, you'll try to spot humpback whales at numerous headland walks, and experience life in the Australian outback. There’s also time to explore vibrant Sydney, Byron Bay and Cairns. The warm climate, friendly people, unusual wildlife, and dramatic natural beauty make it a fantastic place to experience!
You'll also give surfing in the dazzling New South Wales National Parks. At the heart of surfing is a connection-to-nature philosophy. You get to experience this in a hands-on way by undertaking volunteer conservation work alongside National Parks staff in two coastal National Parks. Throughout the rest of your time on the east coast, you’ll learn an enormous amount about the environmental and ecological history and how that unique history has shaped Australia’s flora, fauna and people.
- 'Save our Species' project around conservation and the local ecosystem in two coastal National Parks
- Learn to ride waves from surfing-guru instructors during a surf camp
- Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef with turtles and experience its immense marine diversity
- Go on a 4WD-adventure on Fraser Island through the rainforest and along endless sandy beaches
- Explore the famous beaches, museums and opera house of Sydney