View Other Details
- Visas for all countries
- All in-country travel and transport (excluding flights)
- All accommodation & meals (excluding snacks)
- All activities, excursions, entry fees & adventure travel
- Individual mentorship from program instructors
- Lectures from resident experts on history, conservation, development, eco-tourism & sustainability
- 1-3 week optional extensions for independent travel
- Pre-departure information
- 24/7 emergency contact number for students and parents
- Global medical rescue and political evacuation insurance
- 24/7 access to a physician and a psychologist, for advice and support
- Pacific Discovery T-shirt, water bottle stickers
Experience an inspiring travel semester abroad on this Southeast Asia gap year program through the Buddhist countries of Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.
Join us on this epic journey through the remote minority villages of Laos, the diverse landscapes of Vietnam, the world-famous Cambodian temples of Angkor Wat, all the way to the stunning beaches of Southern Thailand. This 70-day gap year semester offers you an enriching fusion of community and animal rescue volunteer projects, cultural immersion, Thai cooking, Buddhist meditation, snorkelling, and of course, non-stop adventure!
Southeast Asia can’t be beaten for the sheer diversity of cultures, histories and landscapes in a geographically small area. Your days will be as varied as the countries you visit, with a fusion of hands-on volunteer work with elephants, connecting with locals during homestays, camping under the stars on an overnight rafting trip, and good doses of jungles and beaches.
- Volunteer in service learning projects in Elephant Conservation
- 2-day rock-climbing and caving introductory course in Northern Thailand
- 3-day Buddhist meditation retreat run by Thai monks in Chiang Mai
- 2-day riverboat journey down the Mekong River
- 3-days hiking and boating in the amazing jungle, rivers and lakes of Khao Sok National Park, Southern Thailand