- - Volunteer in service learning projects in Elephant Conservation, and in Community Development where we build a home for a marginalized family
- - Develop skills in independent travel, leadership, meditation, yoga, local cooking, climbing, kayaking, trekking, snorkelling
- - Work together to plan the student-led section - developing your international travel skills
- - Explore Southeast Asia's highlights - temples, cities, world heritage sites, islands, beaches, national parks
- - Experience transformative personal growth that pushes students to reflect and ask questions of themselves, working towards a deeper understanding of their values, identity, passions and purpose
$500 scholarship for Nepal & Tibet Semester Spring 2018 applicants
Who do you want to be in our world? Join us for a life-changing, overland journey through the cultural heart of Southeast Asia: Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.
10-week program for ages 18-24. Fall and Spring departures. Scholarships and academic credit available.
Develop a global perspective, independence, leadership and communication skills through outdoor expeditions, service learning projects, and authentic cultural immersion. Pacific Discovery programs foster empathy for other cultures, ethical and sustainable travel practices, and awareness of international issues. Students leave with a deepened sense of their identity, passion, and purpose.
Pacific Discovery is a global leader in experiential education, offering inspiring summer, semester, and gap year programs abroad since 2001, and is an inaugural member of the American Gap Association.
- Visit our website to request a detailed information booklet for this program –
View Program Information
- Visas for all countries
- All in-country travel and transport including four mid-program flights within Asia
- All accommodation
- All meals
- All activities, excursions, entry fees and adventure travel as described in the itinerary
- Service learning projects in conservation and community development
- Experiential core curriculum that supports students to reflect and ask questions of themselves - working towards a deeper understanding of their values, identity, passions and purpose
- Individual mentorship from program instructors, supporting you in your personal goals for the program
- Informal lectures from resident experts on history, conservation, development, eco-tourism and sustainability
- Experienced Program Instructors and local guides
- 1-3-week optional extensions if you wish to continue travelling independently after the program
- Pre-departure web-page with all information you need in one place to prepare for the program
- 24/7 emergency contact number for students and parents
- Global medical rescue and political evacuation insurance
- Instructors have 24/7 access to a physician and a psychologist, for advice and support
- Pacific Discovery T-shirt, water bottle stickers and a buff
- Online image library for your program