Who do you want to be in the world? Join us for a transformative overland journey through the friendly Buddhist countries of Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.
Pacific Discovery programs combine authentic immersion, meaningful service, and wilderness adventure. Our programs foster empathy for other cultures, ethical and sustainable travel practices, and awareness of international issues. Students leave with a deepened sense of their identity, passion, and purpose.
Pacific Discovery is a global leader in experiential education, offering inspiring summer, semester, and gap year programs abroad since 2001, and is an inaugural member of the American Gap Association.
>> Visit our website and request a detailed information booklet for this program <<
On our Southeast Asia Semester you'll travel in a fun, safe and supportive small group with two experienced international instructors to facilitate and mentor your experience. You'll get involved in rewarding service learning projects in wildlife conservation and community development; Hike, boat, bike, raft and snorkel through diverse national parks; Have many opportunities for meaningful connections with local people and will deepen your own global perspective from these shared exchanges. We encourage you to challenge your personal boundaries and support development of your leadership skills, resourcefulness, resilience, and independence. Pacific Discovery is committed to sustainability and ethical travel, which we'll be practicing throughout the program.
This program is suitable for high school graduates, gap year students, college students and recent graduates, ideally 18-24 years. Scholarships offered. Transferable academic credit available (official transcript) through Seattle Central College (you may be eligible for financial aid).
View Program Information
- Visas for all countries
- All in-country travel and transport including four mid-program flights within Asia
- All accommodation
- All meals
- All activities, excursions, entry fees and adventure travel as described in the itinerary
- Service learning projects in conservation and community development
- Experiential core curriculum that supports students to reflect and ask questions of themselves - working towards a deeper understanding of their values, identity, passions and purpose
- Individual mentorship from program instructors, supporting you in your personal goals for the program
- Informal lectures from resident experts on history, conservation, development, eco-tourism and sustainability
- Experienced Program Instructors and local guides
- 1-3-week optional extensions if you wish to continue travelling independently after the program
- Pre-departure web-page with all information you need in one place to prepare for the program
- 24/7 emergency contact number for students and parents
- Global medical rescue and political evacuation insurance
- Instructors have 24/7 access to a physician and a psychologist, for advice and support
- Pacific Discovery T-shirt, water bottle stickers and a buff
- Online image library for your program