View Other Details
- Visas for all countries
- All in-country travel and transport including 4 mid-program flights within Asia
- All accommodation & meals
- All activities, excursions, entry fees & adventure travel
- Individual mentorship from program instructors
- Lectures from resident experts on history, conservation, development, eco-tourism & sustainability
- 1-3 week optional extensions for independent travel
- Pre-departure information
- 24/7 emergency contact number for students and parents
- Global medical rescue and political evacuation insurance
- 24/7 access to a physician and a psychologist, for advice and support
- Pacific Discovery T-shirt, water bottle stickers and a buff
Who do you want to be in our world? Join us for a life-changing, overland journey through the cultural heart of Southeast Asia: Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.
10-week program for ages 18-24. Fall and Spring departures. Scholarships and academic credit available.
When we look at a map we tend to lump these countries together and assume they’re all the same. Yet nothing is further from the truth. Thailand is traditional culture fused with an embrace of our modern globalized world. Laos is relaxed, languid and seemingly half forgotten. Vietnam is a shot of adrenalin, full of stimulus and culturally rich. Cambodia just gets under your skin and into your heart in a way that no other country does. In fact, we feel that the region can’t be beat for the sheer diversity of cultures, histories and landscapes in a geographically small area.
- Volunteer in service learning projects in Elephant Conservation, and in Community Development where we build a home for a marginalized family
- 2-day rock-climbing and caving introductory course in Northern Thailand
- 3-day Buddhist meditation retreat run by Thai monks in Chiang Mai
- 2-day riverboat journey down the Mekong River
- 3-days hiking, tubing and boating in the amazing jungle, rivers and lakes of Khao Sok National Park, Southern Thailand
Southeast Asia is a fascinating melting pot of history, peoples, diverse cultures and dramatic landscapes ideally suited to an extraordinary educational travel experience. The program has a strong experiential focus. Students get involved in service learning projects, have opportunities for meaningful connections with local people, gain knowledge of Southeast Asia's history, societies and environments, push personal boundaries and develop their leadership skills.
We love this part of the world, and discover more each time we return. We have developed this program to enable you to experience the best each country has to offer. The very nature of traveling in South East Asia can be demanding. This reality necessitates a program that achieves a balance between action-packed experiences, cultural insights and some time-out, just to process it all.