Pre-physician Assistant Hospital Placements in Cardiovascular Surgery in English

Thanks to the CHP Program I made up my mind (Joseph, 21 years, UMass Boston)
"I had a great time, all the mentors were really nice. I get to learn a lot from them. Being in the OR for the first time was frightening but I also feel like I learned a lot. Had a great conversation with my mentor, doctor Martin Bláha. He taught me a great deal of stuff that I would never get a chance to learn back at the US." Read the extensive review below.

At the center of cardiovascular surgery, we provide comprehensive care across the whole range of our specializations: cardiac surgery and vascular surgery. The center includes an Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Intermediate Care Unit and two standard units We ensure 24-hour surgical service for all emergencies of the cardiovascular system, including traumas.

Yearly statistics:
1000 major surgeries | 4000 outpatients treated

You can observe these patient cases:
- Acute and elective cardiac operations across the spectrum of the specialty
- Aortic aneurysms (thoracic and abdominal)
- Aneurysms of large vessels
- Ischaemic defects of the lower extremities
- And many more...

Shadow our cardiovascular surgeons and ICU nurses during their daily job tasks. Only with us you know your department and the mentoring team even before you apply.
Know more about the mentors´ daily schedule on our website.

Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
Study Abroad
Primary Language
Age Max
Your package includes:
✓ Shadowing your mentoring team 25 hours per week minimum in the largest hospital in Central Europe
✓ 3 more hours of Tutorials on latest research topics and Excursions to our specialized centres every week in addition to the shadowing hours
✓ Study Materials to extend your specialty knowledge before your placement starts
✓ Accommodation nearby wonderful Prague Castle and Food
✓ CHP System to control your trip with just a click
✓ 24/7 CHP Team support

Marzia
St, Louis

One word - BRILLIANT!

Amazing and mind blowing experience that I would recommend to anyone who wish to see the reality of cardiovascular surgery for himself. The second week I was shadowing the team in Cath lab, the mentoring team is really fabulous! Everyone was so welcoming, especially Barbora, the program manager. She was still on the phone in case something goes wrong. Czech Republic is a nice place, definitely worth visit!

Jonas
Melbourne

One word - brilliant!

Amazing and mind blowing experience that I would recommend to anyone who wish to see the reality of cardiovascular surgery for himself. The second week I was shadowing the team in Cath lab, the mentoring team is really fabulous! Everyone was so welcoming and nice, especially Barbora, the program manager, always on her phone ready to help :) Czech Republic is definitely worth visit place! Vienna is great, too!

Alyssa
Salt Lake City

Great value for money

To be honest, I didn´t have much medical experience before my trip with the CHP Program. But medicine was something I always dreamed of so I encouraged myself to gain practical insight into the profession of a Cardio surgeon. I fell in love with it from the first moment, seeing various surgeries and diagnostic procedures have made me sure that I am going to become a Cardio surgeon myself. Every member of my mentoring team was so nice to me, these people are so willing to tell you everything about the case you observe and you might ask them also personal questions such as why they had become doctors., they share with you lot about their professional insight. If you are not sure whether you should go to med school, it is great to try it first by shadowing others as I did. From learning point of view this is really tangible experience, make sure you have good breakfast in the morning, as in the OR you might start to feel sick when hungry. I would never guess how tiring it is to be standing for long time during surgeries. Everyone from the CHP “back office” team is welcoming and friendly, feel free to talk to them about alll you need, they are happy to help:) Thank you CHP!

CHP Program offers specialty clinical insight experience to English speaking students from 17 to 26 years old all year long. Only with us you know all about the specialty departments and your mentoring teams before you apply (such as Neurosurgery, Cardiosurgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Anesthesiology,