Pre-Medical and Pre-Nursing Hospital Placements in Cardiovascular Surgery

Bc. Andrea Koukolová, ICU Nurse, nursing shadowing
Bc. Andrea Koukolová, ICU Nurse, nursing shadowing
Cardiovascular Surgery placement shadowing

If you are interested in Cardiac Surgery and Intensive Care, this is an ideal placement for you. At the center of cardiovascular surgery, we provide comprehensive care across the whole range of our specializations: cardiac surgery and vascular surgery. The center includes an Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Intermediate Care Unit and two standard units We ensure 24-hour surgical service for all emergencies of the cardiovascular system, including traumas.
With our mentors, you will see a wide range of daily job tasks. You can observe these typical patient cases:
- Acute and elective cardiac operations across the spectrum of the specialty
- Aortic aneurysms (thoracic and abdominal)
- Aneurysms of large vessels
- Ischaemic defects of the lower extremities
- And many more...
Get to know more about the mentors' daily schedule on our website including the details on how your day with them can look like.

• Know everything before you arrive, including your department and mentoring team.
  • Be ready to get the most out of your placement with exclusive study materials.
  • Gain the CHP Program Certificate and Personal Recommendation from the best specialists.
  • Network and connect with young students from around the globe who already took part in the CHP Program.
  • Boost your university application and excel during interviews thanks to a real clinical environment experiential learning.

Hello Michelle, the CHP Program is a paid study program. Please, for more details about Application and Prices have a look at https://www.chpprogram.com/PricesAndApplication Thanks, Albert, CHP Program

Marzia

One word - BRILLIANT!

Amazing and mind blowing experience that I would recommend to anyone who wish to see the reality of cardiovascular surgery for himself. The second week I was shadowing the team in Cath lab, the mentoring team is really fabulous! Everyone was so welcoming, especially Barbora, the program manager. She was still on the phone in case something goes wrong. Czech Republic is a nice place, definitely worth visit!

Jonas

One word - brilliant!

Amazing and mind blowing experience that I would recommend to anyone who wish to see the reality of cardiovascular surgery for himself. The second week I was shadowing the team in Cath lab, the mentoring team is really fabulous! Everyone was so welcoming and nice, especially Barbora, the program manager, always on her phone ready to help :) Czech Republic is definitely worth visit place! Vienna is great, too!

Alyssa

Great value for money

To be honest, I didn´t have much medical experience before my trip with the CHP Program. But medicine was something I always dreamed of so I encouraged myself to gain practical insight into the profession of a Cardio surgeon. I fell in love with it from the first moment, seeing various surgeries and diagnostic procedures have made me sure that I am going to become a Cardio surgeon myself. Every member of my mentoring team was so nice to me, these people are so willing to tell you everything about the case you observe and you might ask them also personal questions such as why they had become doctors., they share with you lot about their professional insight. If you are not sure whether you should go to med school, it is great to try it first by shadowing others as I did. From learning point of view this is really tangible experience, make sure you have good breakfast in the morning, as in the OR you might start to feel sick when hungry. I would never guess how tiring it is to be standing for long time during surgeries. Everyone from the CHP “back office” team is welcoming and friendly, feel free to talk to them about alll you need, they are happy to help:) Thank you CHP!

Staff Interviews

About Czech Hospital Placements Program

CHP Program offers specialty clinical insight experience to English speaking students from 17 to 26 years old all year long. Only with us, you know all about the specialty departments and your mentoring teams before you apply (such as Neurosurgery,...