Shadowing of Best Neurosurgeons in Central Europe for English Speaking Students

Is there a more prestigious specialty in medicine than neurosurgery? The Department of Neurosurgery specializes in treating the most complex device in the universe - the human brain. Our neurosurgeons perform the most advanced surgeries and treat all age groups from newborns to elderly patients. That is a unique chance for you to observe and compare different approaches towards children and adults starting from planning the surgery till post operative checks.

Neurosurgery specialized center is a top-notch surgical facility. You have to be extremely motivated and passionate about this specialty for two reasons, the operations that we perform are often very long and difficult and we require from you responsibility and discipline as our mentors are under a lot of pressure.

Shadow our neurosurgeons during their daily job tasks, you have the detailed overview on our website. Only with CHP Program you know all about your department and the mentoring team even before you apply.

• You know your mentoring team, their professional experience and personal motivation, even before you apply
  • You know every aspect of the specialty department you are interested in - including typical patient cases, methods and procedures
  • You know your shadowing schedule according to the one of your mentors
  • We created for you exclusive study materials related to each of the specialties, so you can study ahead
  • University Hospital in Motol, where the CHP Program takes place, is the largest hospital in Central Europe with special focus on children

David

Amazing shadowing experience

I will never forget the first time when I saw the brain tumor removal. It was a life changing experience that provided me with excitement for pursuing the career in neurosurgery. I chose the neurosurgery placement with Czech Hospital Placements Program to discover if this path is the right choice for me. I felt so nervous on my first day in the departments when doctor Blaha picked me up. I read about him that he was working in the US and Australia so we had something to chat about from the first moment on. I wish I would spent there another week and see the Cardiovacular surgery placement as other students were really excited about it as well. Overall the experience is very well planned. The staff, the accommodation and leisure time activities were perfect. All of the people I met in the hospital were friendly and helpful. Prague and the little cafés all around the city were a perfect place to have a rest. I enjoyed my week so much I only wish I could have stayed longer. But I decided to come back and stay in touch with my mentors and new friends I´ve met.

About Czech Hospital Placements Program

CHP Program offers specialty clinical insight experience to English speaking students from 17 to 26 years old all year long. Only with us, you know all about the specialty departments and your mentoring teams before you apply (such as Neurosurgery,...