EF Gap Year: Custom 25-week Program in Multi-Destinations

EF Gap Year Volunteerism
EF Gap Year Volunteerism
EF Gap Year Travel
EF Gap Year Travel

EF Gap Year is a 26-week program that enables students to explore several countries, learn a language, volunteer for a good cause, engage in meaningful cultural exchange, gain work experience abroad, and develop leadership skills.

The EF Gap Year begins in September with a group orientation and 2 weeks of cultural immersion in Europe. Students are then able to personalize their own gap experience by choosing the country and focus of their language course, volunteer service and internship. Later in the year, students regroup for an in-depth tour of Australia & New Zealand. Leadership Academy and a gala banquet wraps up the program.

Students are able to earn college credit, place out of language requirements, and return home with a portfolio of certificates that document their achievements.

EF Education First is the largest private global educational company in the world with over 52,000 staff through 612 offices and schools in 50 countries.

• Visit multiple countries in 25 weeks
  • Learn a language at a recognized EF Campus
  • Help a community in need through service learning
  • Select an internship that prepares you for your career
  • Attend a Leadership Academy at an English castle

Hi Lindy, Our programs include all travel (including flights), full-time mentorship, accommodations, most meals, educational components and all activities listed. The cost for the Gap Semester is $17,500 and $33,700 for the Gap Year. A few of the destinations (mostly Asia) are considered premium and have additional costs of $1,500 and $2,000 respectively. Let us know if you have any other...
Hi Jordanna, We have rolling admissions so the earlier you apply the better. Right now students are enrolling for the next two gap years. We can accommodate for late applications as long as we still have space! Let us know if you have any other questions! Katie
Our program is for high school graduates ages 18-22. No college degree required. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Thanks for checking us out!

Maddie

Best Year Ever!

The EF Gap Year transformed me into a world traveller and gave me more confidence and knowledge to take on college. My fellow gap year friends are like my family, and I now have friends all across the globe. This experience shaped me into a different person than I was before my gap year. My language study (Barcelona) and internship (Madrid) gave me the confidence to live in another city alone, learn to speak another language, and be able to adjust and develop a community. My favorite parts were Volunteer Service (Thailand) and the Australian Immersion program. Those modules I became very close with my cohort, and had the most fun! Although, it isn't always fun and can be hard and lonely at times (especially away from your family), however, I grew the most during the hardships and it became so much stronger in the long run. I can't wait to travel abroad again. I loved the EF Gap Year, I wish I could do it again, and recommend everybody to do it!

Most important: Have an open mind. You will be experiencing new cultures and new life-styles as you travel, and it is important to keep an open mind and to try new things while you are on this adventure. Write a journal and take more pictures than you think you want! Take videos if you want to put together an end of year video. Keep packing as organized as possible (PACKING CUBES!) and don't forget to have fun. Only get to do this year once!
Samantha

The Perfect Balance

I loved my gap year, thanks to EF! The program they offer is the perfect combination of structure and freedom, allowing space to explore and get to know yourself while still learning skills and achieving goals.

I studied French in Paris, learned through service in Costa Rica, and interned in Sydney, Australia.

My time in Paris was fantastic. I had classes a couple times a day, leaving time to explore the city and practice what I was learning in school.

Costa Rica was an amazing six weeks. EF scouted out some truly special volunteer programs and communities to partner with, making sure we made good use of our time. I worked closely with locals and as well as environmental specialist. I had hands-on projects, like handling sea turtles and teaching art to kids.

My favorite module was my internship in Sydney. EF worked with me to find a company that matched my beliefs and would help build the skills I was searching to develop. I worked with a truly meaningful non-profit company and started my first internship with a smile.

The blend of independence and support from EF was powerful. I felt confident in exploring myself, stepping out of my comfort zone, because I knew I wasn’t alone. EF does a fantastic job of making the students feel important while giving them space to do what they are on the gap year to do: grow. EF left an impact on me, and my gap year was a truly special experience because of it.

(Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!)

Don’t be scared! Trust yourself. Take risks. Say yes! You are more capable than you think.
Gatchalian

Super Fun!!!!!

To be honest I thought it will just be every single school and programmes I sigh up before, the same but EF proof me wrong, First the staff is really nice and cool, they help me in many problem I have like bank, Telephone etc....... Second is the host family I stayed, they are super nice and the food they cook are Super also i'm enjoining the dark humor they provided :) Finally the peoples I meet here are super FUN i have make some bro's on the way. In the end I'm totally enjoy the programmes next time I might try going to japan EF.

Not really
Bart

EF Internship

I absolutely loved my experience abroad with EF! The experience opened my eyes & mind to different cultures and languages. I realized after my travels that it is extremely difficult to put a price tag on experiences. EF was there for me from the beginning until the end, and they acted in the best interest of making it a good experience. At the same time, it's important to keep in mind that your experience will be as good as YOU make it. EF is there for you all the way but simultaneously you also need to be open-minded for something new, and "get out your comfort zone!"

I really enjoyed the internship portion of my travels, working alongside extremely hard-working, life changing and passionate people. I would highly recommend doing an internship with EF because it's the perfect stepping stone to jumpstart your education & professional development.

About EF Gap Year

EF is the world's largest private educational organization with 46,000 staff throughout 51 countries. We provide life-changing education for global citizens. For over 50 years, our mission has been to give confidence and freedom to people of all ages...