COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Monterrico Adventure has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
Guatemala’s ‘must visit’ destination Antigua is a place of rare beauty, major historical significance, vibrant culture and a global hot spot. The first Sunday of each month our program starts in Antigua. Week one is a homestay experience learning Spanish and enjoying this cool city while during the second week we explore the picturesque Mayan villages and culture along the shores of Atitlan Lake and do an amazing overnight hike on Acatenango volcano.
The third Sunday of each month our program moves down to Monterrico, a beautiful Pacific beachside location 80km south of Antigua with important sea turtle nesting grounds and a super friendly local community. For our final week we hop on chicken buses for an overland expedition to neighbouring El Salvador, exploring the beautiful ‘Ruta de las Flores’, Santa Ana volcano and finishing up on El Tunco beach; the best surf spot in El Salvador.
Book all four weeks or two weeks only for a '2 week' Learn Spanish & Adventure program.
- Adventure travel and cultural immersion in Guatemala & El Salvador - option to spend 2 weeks in/around Antigua, 2 weeks Monterrico/El Salvador or combine into four weeks starting Antigua and finishing El Tunco (next to San Salvador airport).
- A busy program including accommodation, meals, Spanish lessons, adventure activities including hiking volcanoes, community volunteering, internal transfers and 24/7 program support.
- Activities include overnight hike Acatenango volcano, multi logistic exploration of picturesque villages around Atitlan lake, quality time on the beach in Monterrico, exploration Ruta de las Flores including majestic waterfalls and hiking Santa Ana.
- Homestay with a Guatemalan family, hike volcanoes, community volunteering in a Pacific beachside location, Spanish lessons, ancient Mayan ruins, surfing and much more!
- Turbo charge your Spanish with intensive lessons during weeks 1 & 3 - tailored to all levels - plus meaningful interactions with local people.