Experience Kenyan Wildlife Conservation with Culsans

Introducing rugby in Kenya with Culsans
Introducing rugby in Kenya with Culsans
Cows in Kenya with Culsans
Cows in Kenya with Culsans

Unlike your regular Gap Year program, Culsans' worldwide famous Gap Year programs combine fun, adventure, excitement and an opportunity to change your life, and that of the people surrounding you, through a lasting education in conservancy projects.

Culsans works alongside local communities across the country, introducing students to a wide array of unique projects that will allow them to share some of their time volunteering locally while also experiencing the wonders that only Kenya could offer.

You'll make lifelong friends while you work on at least 3 different conservancy projects, meet the amazing people that protect local fauna, encounter the famous Big 5, and get some of the most precious memories that will last for the rest of your life.

• Optional Maasai homestay where you spend the evening and night with a local tribe
  • Talking to the anti-poaching ranger teams and their amazing sniffer dogs
  • Viewing the entire country from the top of Mt Kenya
  • Waking up to find giraffe and elephant outside your tent
  • Regular bush walks, game drives and sundowners in stunning locations

Spaces available for Jan 2020 :-)

We have spaces available for our trip in Jan.
Dates: 3rd Jan to 1st March 2020.
Get in touch for more info!

Ross

An amazing Culsans trip

I was a little nervous to be a part of Culsans trip to Kenya at first because I was going with a group of people I didn’t know to Kenya for two monthes. My fears were immediately eased as we relaxed by the pool of an eco lodge in Nairobi with a cold beer. One of my favourite parts of the trip had to be staying on il Ngwesi community run conservation lodge. Going on game walks everyday and getting close to all kinds of wild animals was absolutely unforgettable. However we were not only just looking for animals and learning about them we were also collecting useful data about the population of different species In the area. I would absolutely recommend this trip to anyone who likes being outdoors and a bit of adventure. It’s not your standard gap year trip and there is no other way to do the things that I did than with Culsans. Thank you Culsans and Florence!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Teaching in the Kenyan school was a little scary at first but really good fun once I got into it
Ross

Amazing trip

I absolutely loved this trip. It was the best thing I could have done on my gap year and would recommend it to anyone and everyone. Meeting everyone at the airport was extremely exiting and also a little nerve wracking. But then as soon as we were relaxing in the eco lodge in sunny Nairobi I was relaxed as we all got on very well. My favourite part of the trip was probably staying in Il Ngwesi’s community run conservation lodge where we not only got to have an extraordinary time on walking safaris get close to almost all of Kenya’s wildest animals and collecting data for the rangers. We also would return to the luxury lodge and go swimming and watch elephants from the pool!! It is such an unforgettable and unique experience that you can’t get on most gap years. Thank you Culsans and Florence

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Teaching in the school was the biggest challenge for me
Erica

Eye opening!

I cannot explain how much fun I had! I learnt so much and met some amazing people!! The Farm was my favourite part which I thought I wouldn't enjoy that much to be honest but it was incredible, 100% recommend this, and Llew and Julius who were looking after us, were both so knowledgeable!

I also really enjoyed the Giraffe Center in Nairobi. This was a real highlight as I love giraffes! It was so cool as you got seriously close to them and they were well looked after.

SO many good moments, it is hard to narrow then down. Staying with the Maasai was very eye opening as their culture is so different. They were all really friendly though and a few spoke some English. We had a good supper on the fire and I stayed the night in a mud and straw hut which turned out to be much more comfortable than I thought!

I really feel like I have a solid understanding of conservation now. There is so much more to it than I originally thought. It’s not just the poaching, it’s education and community too which is much harder to manage.

I’d love to go back and do this all again. I really recommend the experience to anyone.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Staying with a Maasai family was very eye opening and their culture is so different. They were all so friendly and I stayed the night in a mud hut which turned out to be awesome, I will definitely try and visit again in future!

About Culsans Gap Travel

We run educational adventure trips in leading wildlife conservancies in Kenya, showing you how successful conservation works from many different angles, races, cultures, generations and locations. Our aim is to create the conservation ambassadors of...