Join Youth International's newest program and immerse yourself in the diverse cultures of Kenya, Egypt, and Jordan. Together with a small team of peers and two leaders, you will embark on a challenging, authentic adventure that includes a unique combination of experiences. The 13 week program combines community service, outdoor expeditions, home stays, and cultural exchange.
About a third of your time will be spent in home stays, following the daily rhythm of the household, helping with meal preparation and chores, and giving back to your host community through service work. Youth International works with local leaders to develop sustainable, community-driven projects, often centered on schools.
Grab your backpack and your hiking shoes, and let the world become your teacher! Dates for the upcoming program in Africa & the Near East are: September 14 to December 6, 2021. Apply today!
- View wild animals on safari in the African savanna.
- Explore the Egyptian pyramids and ruins at Giza.
- Learn first-hand about Bedouin life in the desert.
- Volunteer in a school in an African village.
- Challenge yourself with a trek up Mt. Kenya.