Dream Volunteers Gap Year Program

Dream Volunteers Gap Year Program

WorldStamp is a gap year volunteer-abroad program with opportunities to engage meaningfully in three countries — India, Guatemala, and Costa Rica — over 9 months. Designed for exceptional students ages 18 to 23, it interweaves volunteer service work, cultural immersion, environmental conservation, and adventure excursions.

On this gap year, you will bond with a cohort of 12-15 participants who also value community service, leadership and cultural immersion. Explore a curriculum of service learning and personal growth, and develop Spanish proficiency. Our one instructor to one student language immersion program ensures rapid advancement towards language fluency.

Program Tags

Scholarships are available

Emily
Chicago

Exploration

WorldStamp provided me with the opportunity to explore more than just 3 beautiful communities in 3 beautiful countries- it allowed me to explore myself, my passions, my goals. Not only was the service work meaningful, but it allowed me to envision what I wanted to do with my future, and how I could continue serving and making a difference even when the program was over. I learned about self - love and the law of attraction, along with all of the fun times I had immersing myself in foreign cultures.

Sam
Los Angeles
University of California- Los Angeles

Amazing Experience!

This program was an amazing experience. I spent my nights socializing with my host family singing karaoke and my days working for the community. I learned all about their culture, their lives, and their community. I would definitely recommend this program to all.

I would stay for longer!

Aminah

Life changing experience.

I absolutely love Dream Volunteers and consider myself so lucky to have traveled with this program. I've been to Costa Rica and Guatemala now and both have been the most incredible experiences of my life. Highlights of Costa Rica included dinner/family time with my host family, playing soccer with the community and zip lining in the rainforest. In Guatemala I loved playing games with the young kids at school in Vuelta Grande. Taking a day trip to Lago Atitlán was a great way to end the trip. I will forever be grateful for Dream Volunteers helping me discover my passion for service work.

Hannah

Once in a Lifetime Opportunity

I was lucky enough to travel to both Guatemala and Costa Rica with the Young Dreamer network. Traveling to two diverse communities gave me the chance to not only learn about different cultures but to meet a multitude of individuals! During my time in both Guatemala and Costa Rica, my group conducted volunteer work at the local elementary schools that were in need of our assistance. While at the schools, we were able to interact with the students and were able to get them involved in helping out. This program is so amazing in the way that they simultaneously teach the community and the volunteers how to positively impact the communities. Aside from volunteering, the host families were extremely welcoming. The host families were hospitable and truly loved having volunteers in their homes. The variety of excursions gave us the opportunity to see more of each country and to experience more of what each place had to offer. These trips have changed my life by opening my eyes to the world and by pushing me passed by comfort zone. I truly feel that I am happier and more fulfilled because of the many lessons that these trips have taught me.

Emilio
Berkeley
University of California- Berkeley

Absolutely Incredible Experience

I was fortunate enough to travel with Young Dreamer Network twice, to Costa Rica in 2012 and India in 2013. Both experiences were led by the more-than-capable Brian Buntz, one of the most charismatic, big-hearted, and sincere people I have ever known. Having come from a different high school than most of the other volunteers on the trip I went on, I was initially worried I wouldn't fit in or be seen as an outsider. But not only did I quickly make some really close friends, but I also participated in some of the most meaningful service I've ever done in my life. Out safety, amenities, and well-being were always Brian's top priority, and he and the adult chaperones did more than enough to ensure we were having a meaningful, yet secure, time abroad. Honestly I cannot say much more than my colleagues above already have-- I truly cannot do this excellent program justice alone in one short paragraph. It honestly is an eye-opening experience and one that definitely changed my life for good. You won't regret it!

Kelly
San Francisco, California
University of San Francisco

These Trips are Life Changing!!

I have had the privilege of traveling with the Young Dreamer Network twice during my membership of this club. I went to Costa Rica and India. Both trips were an amazing experience. It was equally fun as it was challenging. I was pushed out of my comfort zone which allowed me to grow as a person and a leader in my community. I learned about sustainable service, while being immersed in beautiful cultures. The program leaders and hostile staff were kind, understanding, and supportive. The excursions and activities ware fun and allowed for people to bond with the community-- it was an all around amazing experience! Before going into these trips I was a shy person who did not feel like I was capable of having an influence on the world and now, after my experiences in Costa Rica and India, I hold more power than ever and have become a change-maker in my community!

I would have loved to try more of a variety of food in India.

Danny

Life Changing Experience

My trips to Guatemala and Costa Rica opened my eyes to the world. I had never been to Central America before this trip and I was very excited to go. Going with Brian and the group of kids on a volunteer trip was a great experience because I got to see what these countries were really like and not just the tourist side that most people on vacation see. I will never forget my time in Guatemala and Costa Rica because I was able to help people in need and make new friends who I would have never met if it wasn't for these trips. When I returned to my home I was a different person because it allowed me to see the world through a different cultures eyes. What makes the trip so great is the balance between work and leisure. While you're there you and your group will do great work as a team but you will also have a lot of time to get to know both people you came with and the locals that live in the area. Still to this day I feel like I am a better person and that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Jeff
San Mateo County, CA

A Worthwhile Learning Experience

Went with the youth version of the WorldStamp Gap Year program to all of their countries: Costa Rica (2012), Guatemala (2013) and India (2014). I enjoyed my time on the trips, doing activities ranging from Sightseeing to Elephant Riding to Waterfall swimming. My first exposure to Latin America came from World Stamp, and, ever since, I have fallen in love with the region.

My most memorable moment was in Costa Rica, carrying a wheelbarrow full of cement down the hill to the drop zone.

When I visited Guatemala, I wish that we could have had a little bit more time to explore the town. It was a tourist town (Antigua) and it seemed like there was a lot of interesting things to see and do.

Allegra
Sangolqui, Ecuador
Northeastern University

Worldstamp Gap Year

Worldstamp Gap Year is one of the most impactful - both personally and for the communities served - trips you could go on. All three locations have welcoming communities that make real cultural immersion possible during service. I formed some of the most important relationships in my life through Worldstamp's trips.

In addition to becoming integrated in the host country's culture, I made lasting friendships with the participants on the trip. Under Brian's guidance, it is easy to open up to your peers and grow together as you experience the world in a whole new way.

Beyond the self growth that comes with being in another country on a program as amazing as Worldstamp, your Spanish will improve exponentially and you will gain experience that will help you in future schooling and jobs. Bottom line, Worldstamp will change your life and help you to discover who you are and what you want to do in the future.

Jesse
Ithaca, NY
Cornell University

One of the Best Experiences of My Life

Having traveled to Guatemala, India and Costa Rica with this group I can honestly say that their trips push participants to open their eyes to the world and gives them a perspective that would be nearly impossible to gain otherwise. There is a good balance of structured and well planned activities that give participants a basic understanding of the culture of that area as well as unstructured time when participants are able to explore the communities themselves and add onto the foundation of cultural understanding that the activities provided. I would trust that staff that go on these trips with my life. They are extremely knowledgeable about the area and make sure that the participants are always safe. This program has contributed immensely to my growth as a leader, a person, and a member of the global community.

Katie
Tucson, Arizona

One of the best experiences of my life

This past summer, I went to Guatemala and worked at a school in a little community in Vuelta Grande. The people I met have changed me forever and not a day goes by where they don't cross my mind. As amazing as it was to be able to help the school, I found myself being impacted just as greatly. As much as there was to teach and help with, there was just as much to learn and evolve with. To describe the trip as eye-opening doesn't suffice and I wish that everyone could experience it for themselves so they could understand.

I think that bonding within the group is really important; not just with volunteers but with Young Dreamers in whatever place is being visited. I wish we could have had more opportunities to get to know the Young Dreamers personally and develop relationships with them, since they're closer to our age and are most likely more able to talk about their hardships and experiences.

Sean
Los Angeles, California
Loyola Marymount University

The Opportunity of A Lifetime

Brian and his team at WorldStamp are by far some of the most organized and inspirational people that I have worked with. Their comprehensive program allows for a transformative experience. I have traveled with them to Costa Rica, Guatemala, and India, and each trip was unique and extremely fulfilling. They opened my eyes to new parts of the world while providing the perfect atmosphere for making lifelong friends. The programs pushed me to think deeper about my life, dreams, and future. I personally highly recommend WorldStamp and know that you will experience the trip of a lifetime if you sign up. I speak from experience.

Perry

Guatemala

Everyday we worked in a school right outside of antigua, planting trees, painting the school, working in the classrooms, and working on a garbage system in the school! I learned Spanish, created life long friendships, and learned more about myself than I ever imagined. This is the most incredible program and I wish everyone could experience what I did.

Although close to perfect, more reflection time after each day would help those in the program reflect and learn about what they did that day even more than they already do.