The Latitudes program is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to step outside of your comfort zone and into the world at large. We've learned through experience that group travel followed by a solo focused volunteer placement (FVP) forms a natural progression that leads to the personal development of the individual. Both experiences provide a full palette of physical, mental, social, spiritual, and cultural challenges.
The first 3 month group semester creates a cooperative learning environment with 12 other peers as you travel, volunteer & immerse yourself while learning the ins and outs of safe travel off the beaten path.
The second semester, the student will immerse him/herself in one culture and community volunteering for another 3 months. Independently, the students will use the hard and soft tools they will have acquired in their first group semester to make a positive impact on a community and project they believe in, and develop a greater sense of their own purpose
View Program Information
• A 2-3 day orientation in Portland, Oregon
• College credit through Portland State University (up to 36 quarter-credits)
• Travel costs from Portland, Oregon to the departure airport for the group semester
• All scheduled program activities
• Room and food during the group semester
• All in-country travel during group semester
• One-on-One guidance and mentorship from the Latitudes Director
• Customized Focused Volunteer Placement (FVP) costs up to $2,500
• International Medical, Medical Evacuation, and Lost/Stolen Item Insurance