View Other Details
Come face-to-face with complex social structures, diverse religions, and the intersection of tradition and change. In India and Nepal, you’ll explore another part of the world - and yourself - that will transform your perspectives on culture, climate, and spirituality forever.
In India, find a convergence of ancient traditions and the embodiment of paradox as this modern nation of 1.3 billion models rapid economic and technological change. Trek through the Himalayas in Nepal where you’ll find peace and serenity in remote communities against the backdrop of eight of the world’s highest peaks. This Carpe Diem experience is irresistible to the most adventurous rappers - students on this semester emerge as self-directed and resilient world travelers.
- Explore spirituality: Craft a deeper awareness of the myriad of religious and spiritual practices in this region of the world
- Make it yourself: Learn from self-sustaining craftsmen and artisans as they share how tradition intersects with modern-day commerce
- Trek the Himalayas: There's no other mountain range like it on Earth, and you'll traverse the remote mountainside, meeting new friends in remote locations along the way
- Find peace and chaos: Develop an ability to navigate among throngs of thousands of people and on empty mountainsides
- Go inward: Spend a week practicing yoga and meditation alongside the Ganges River, discuss purpose with Buddhist monks, and spend time in retreat
Carpe Diem Education Scholarships
Carpe Diem Education awards $30,000 annually to support diversity and inclusion in its programs. The Access Scholarship provides up to $5,000 for a gap year semester or full-year experience. The Inclusion Scholarship offers up to $2,000 for a gap year semester. The Carpe Mundi Scholarship is for Portland-based students. Grants are mostly need-based, and applications open in January.