View Other Details
Volunteer in India with Plan My Gap Year – an award-winning, international volunteer abroad organisation with programs in Faridabad, India. PMGY provides safe, trusted and affordable programs with a range of volunteer projects in India including Childcare • English Teaching & Medical opportunities.
PMGY India is located in the urban city of Faridabad, just outside Delhi. The India volunteer programs start on the 1st & 3rd Sunday of every month. Our projects in India run across the year and volunteers can join the program for 2-24 weeks. Volunteers in India are provided with an extensive pre-departure support service, airport pick-up, in-country orientation, meals, private project transportation, volunteer accommodation and local team support.
For this reason, PMGY does not provide volunteer opportunities in orphanages in any of our locations. Research and studies have shown that visiting and volunteering in orphanages has the potential to generate an industry that separates children from their families. In turn, putting children at increased risk of neglect and abuse. Therefore, we do not support these institutions with our volunteer network.
Instead, we focus on offering alternative childcare volunteer opportunities whereby children come to and from the placement setting each day. In other words, our local teams collaborate with childcare projects which do not offer any form of residential care. These are safe, responsible, and vetted projects, where participants continue to provide valued assistance supporting local staff.
- Most Affordable – PMGY’s programs are accessible to everyone who wants to make a difference, through low fees and high-impact projects.
- Best Support – Our international and local teams provide extensive around the clock services to assist you every step of your PMGY adventure.
- Safety Prioritised – With safety a PMGY number-1 priority, we have taken all necessary precautions to ensure our programs are as safe and structured as possible.
- Extraordinary Experiences – With PMGY, you have the opportunity to truly immerse yourself in amazing cultural and travel experiences, ensuring you leave with unforgettable memories.
- Friendships for Life – Your PMGY experience not only opens up a doorway for new experiences and exciting memories, but also life-long friendships when meeting new people from around the world.
Volunteer at a childcare project in India and become truly engaged in the daily lives and development of these underprivileged children.
Use your creativity and enthusiasm to help children in primary and secondary schools in India reach their full potential by teaching them English.
Gain practical medical experience and insight on PMGY’s medical program in India, whilst bringing support to some of Delhi’s poorest people.
Sri Lanka, India and Nepal! We can’t think of a more sublime combination of exotic and fascinating countries to volunteer in over 6, 9 or 12 weeks.