GAP Year with Volunteering in Nepal

GAP Year with Volunteering in Nepal

GAP Nepal has designed this program to be a fulfilling blend of cultural immersion and community work—with some adventure thrown in! During your village stay and community project, you can take part in farming, education, or even just sitting and learning!

Explore and Sightsee in Kathmandu: You’ll get a taste of everything from valley tours, to visiting ancient temples and watching religious ceremonies. Be it the Virgin
goddess Kumari House; capturing beautiful moments on camera of the natural beauty and serene landscape as well as ever smiling people in the community. Join us in exploring the hidden temples and local culture of Kathmandu and its surrounding valleys!

Participate in Adventure Activities: Take part in the famous whitewater river rafting at Chitwan National Park,ride an elephant, hike, canoe, and much more!

Immerse Yourself in the Local Community: Stay with a host family and participate in a variety of projects to help the local community.

Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
Volunteer Abroad
Guesthouse
Primary Language
Age Max
The following items are included in your package:
Double‐occupancy accommodations each night
All meals indicated on the Full Program Itinerary
All ground transfers, via tourist bus or private vehicle
Experienced and professional tour and nature guides
Entrance fees to all cultural and nature sites
Any and all government taxes

Eulàlia
Barcelona, Spain

Always Namaste

Yes, you're right, I have a lot of stories from Nepal, and I think I have shared all of them, so it's hard to choose.

Overall, I especially remark my superlovely rice killers family, my new friends in Pokhara and Chitwan, my visits to the GapNepal office in Kathmandu, the incredible views of Himalayas and Everest, the dirtyness of Kathmandu, the beauty of Pashupatinah, the festival in Bakthapur.

And of course, the local people there: teachers, friends, tourist guides and the amazing children of Nabin English School.

A life experience!

Response from GAPNepal

Thank you very much, Eulalia Millaret Lores.

Zuzanna

Mind-blowing experience

I have learned so much in those few weeks that I don't even know where to start! The kindness of local people, the culture, the food and all the daily travels and weekly adventure.
Wow! I have spent time in local villages. Climbed steep mountain, watched the most amazing views ever...
I have gained so many life skills while on a program. If you want to learn how to become independent and have lots of fun this is it!

You have to come and experience for yourself!

I guess things could be done more western way sometimes, but learning how people think and how the get things done is great too!

Response from GAPNepal

Zuzanna Thank you so much for your review.

Lisa
Melbourne, Australia

Amazing trip

My trip to Nepal was amazing thanks to this program, Anish was extremely helpful, knowledgable and I felt safe at all times. The group was fun, like minded and I made some long life friends.
Nepal is definitely a trip I will never forget. Loved every single moment. The traditions, food and culture are also a wonderful experience.
The accomodation was also lovely and clean.

Thank you Gap year Nepal!!!!!

I thought it was fantastic.

Response from GAPNepal

Lisa thank you.

Our Company:
Established in 2011, we have always been and will continue to be driven by the concepts of sustainability and responsible operating practices, as we share in Nepal’s physical and cultural beauty.

Through our tours, our goal is to promote Nepal’s tourism sector, while