- - Engage with the local Nepali culture through immersion, homestays and community development projects.
- - Volunteer in service learning projects in driven by the needs of the communities we visit.
- - Develop skills in independent travel, yoga, meditation, leadership, trekking, sustainability, conservation and rafting
- - Explore the Himalayas highlights – Mt. Everest Base Camp, Kathmandu, monasteries, the Kali Gandaki River, the World Peace Pagoda, world heritage sites and national parks
- - Experience transformative personal growth that pushes students to reflect and ask questions of themselves, working towards a deeper understanding of their values, identity, passions and purpose.
$500 scholarship for Nepal & Tibet Semester Spring 2018 applicants
Discover your passion and purpose. Join us for an impactful, overland journey thought the cultural heart of the Himalayas: Nepal and Tibet.
10-week program for ages 18-24. Fall and Spring departures. Scholarships and academic credit available.
Develop a global perspective, independence, leadership and a sense of self through outdoor expeditions, service learning projects, and authentic cultural immersion. Pacific Discovery programs foster empathy for other cultures, ethical and sustainable travel practices, and awareness of international issues. Students leave with a deepened sense of their identity, passion, and purpose.
Pacific Discovery is a global leader in experiential education, offering inspiring summer, semester, and gap year programs abroad since 2001, and is an inaugural member of the American Gap Association.
- Visit our website to request a detailed information booklet for this program –
View Program Information
Tibet visa and permits*; All in-country travel and transport; All accommodation; More than two thirds of meals (see ‘meals’ above); All activities, excursions, entry fees, permits and adventure travel as described in the itinerary; Week-long volunteer community service project and Nepali language immersion; Informal lectures from resident experts on conservation and eco-tourism; Experienced program leader/s and local guides; Online image library for your program. Refer information booklet for international flight options. *Nepal visa is issued on arrival at the airport in Kathmandu