Pacific Discovery takes a Gap Year!
Thank you for supporting Pacific Discovery and we wish you all the best for the year ahead.
Discover your passion and purpose. Join us for an impactful, overland journey thought the cultural heart of the Himalayas: Nepal and Tibet.
10-week program for ages 18-24. Fall and Spring departures. Scholarships and academic credit available.
Develop a global perspective, independence, leadership and a sense of self through outdoor expeditions, service learning projects, and authentic cultural immersion. Pacific Discovery programs foster empathy for other cultures, ethical and sustainable travel practices, and awareness of international issues. Students leave with a deepened sense of their identity, passion, and purpose.
Pacific Discovery is a global leader in experiential education, offering inspiring summer, semester, and gap year programs abroad since 2001, and is an inaugural member of the American Gap Association.
- Visit our website to request a detailed information booklet for this program –
- - Engage with the local Nepali culture through immersion, homestays and community development projects.
- - Volunteer in service learning projects in driven by the needs of the communities we visit.
- - Develop skills in independent travel, yoga, meditation, leadership, trekking, sustainability, conservation and rafting
- - Explore the Himalayas highlights – Mt. Everest Base Camp, Kathmandu, monasteries, the Kali Gandaki River, the World Peace Pagoda, world heritage sites and national parks
- - Experience transformative personal growth that pushes students to reflect and ask questions of themselves, working towards a deeper understanding of their values, identity, passions and purpose.