View Other Details
Volunteer in Nepal with Plan My Gap Year – an award-winning, international volunteer abroad organisation with programs in Kathmandu, Nepal. PMGY provides safe, trusted and affordable programs, with a range of volunteer projects in Nepal, including Teaching & Teaching to Monks opportunities.
PMGY Nepal is located across three very unique locations – Chitwan, Pokhara and Kathmandu. The Nepal volunteer programs start on the 1st & 3rd Sunday of every month. Our projects in Nepal run throughout the year and volunteers can join the program for 2-20 weeks. Volunteers in Nepal are provided with an extensive pre-departure support service, airport pick-up and drop-off, in-country orientation, three meals per day, volunteer accommodation and local team support.
For this reason, PMGY does not provide volunteer opportunities in orphanages in any of our locations. Research and studies have shown that visiting and volunteering in orphanages has the potential to generate an industry that separates children from their families. In turn, putting children at increased risk of neglect and abuse. Therefore, we do not support these institutions with our volunteer network.
Instead, we focus on offering alternative childcare volunteer opportunities whereby children come to and from the placement setting each day. In other words, our local teams collaborate with childcare projects which do not offer any form of residential care. These are safe, responsible, and vetted projects, where participants continue to provide valued assistance supporting local staff.
- Most Affordable – PMGY’s programs are accessible to everyone who wants to make a difference, through low fees and high-impact projects.
- Best Support – Our international and local teams provide extensive around the clock services to assist you every step of your PMGY adventure.
- Safety Prioritised – With safety a PMGY number-1 priority, we have taken all necessary precautions to ensure our programs are as safe and structured as possible.
- Extraordinary Experiences – With PMGY, you have the opportunity to truly immerse yourself in amazing cultural and travel experiences, ensuring you leave with unforgettable memories.
- Friendships for Life – Your PMGY experience not only opens up a doorway for new experiences and exciting memories, but also life-long friendships when meeting new people from around the world.
Make a positive impact during your time in this gorgeous country. Teaching enables young people to have a much better future through education.
Make a positive impact during your time in this diverse country. Teaching English enables children to have a much better future through education.
This epic adventure includes 28 days exploring colourful Kathmandu, trekking the Himalayas, bicycle tours in Chitwan and volunteering in Pokhara. Phew!
Sri Lanka, India and Nepal! We can’t think of a more sublime combination of exotic and fascinating countries to volunteer in over 6, 9 or 12 weeks.