Peru is a ‘land of contrasts’. Its people, many of whom are descendants of the Incas, retain rich traditions of language, colorful dress and lively music. It has stunning, diverse landscapes, from the highest snow dusted peaks of the Andes to the lush Amazon jungle. The food is fantastic. The language is surprisingly easy to pick-up. Wild life abounds – you’re sure to see monkeys, flamingos, condor, llamas and the elusive vicuna.
On this program you'll contribute to meaningful community development during our service project in the Sacred Valley. You'll trek an Inca trail to Machu Picchu. Explore the Amazon while on expedition in Manu National Park - a Biosphere Reserve. Connect with the rhythms of rural life during a Kichwa community stay on the shores of Lake Titicaca. Wander ancient plazas and markets in Cusco and Arequipa improving your Spanish while bargaining for cosy llama-wool ponchos. Visit mysterious Nazca Lines and try sandboarding the dunes at Huacachina.
- Rewarding conservation and community development service learning week in the Sacred Valley with Llama Pack Project
- 6-day Amazon jungle expedition through Manu National Park and Biosphere Reserve
- Biking and trekking to spectacular Machu Picchu via the Inka Jungle Trail
- Sand-boarding at Huacachina
- Canopy zip-lining and hot springs in Santa Teresa