View Other Details
- Pre-departure briefing
- Airport pick-up
- Welcome and orientation
- Volunteer placement
- 24-hour in-country support
- UK HQ support
GapGuru offers some amazing gap year programs in Peru, where you can participate in cultural activities, community volunteering and sightseeing.
Our programs are based in the historic and stunning Sacred Valley, which is a perfect location for trips to the vibrant city of Cusco, World Heritage Site Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, Arequipa , the Colca Canyon, and the sand dunes at Huacachina. During your time in the Sacred Valley, you will also have the opportunity to explore the colourful markets, learn about Inca history and culture and enhance your Spanish skills.
Our Peru team are locally based and on hand to offer support and guidance to all our volunteers during their time in Peru.
- Learn Spanish and Teach English in Peru: Combine 10 hours of intensive Spanish lessons a week with teaching in schools, putting your new language skills into practice and helping children with their English-speaking ability.
- Learn Spanish and Lead a Children’s After School Club in Peru: Combine 10 hours of intensive Spanish lessons a week with running fun activities for children as part of an after school club, putting your new language skills into practise and delivering engaging and educational sessions for underprivileged children.
- Peru Encompassed: Spend a week getting to know the culture, history and highlights of your new surroundings, with 20 hours of Spanish lessons to give you a head start on the local language. You will then have 4 weeks of meaningful volunteering, with the opportunity to explore the stunning Sacred Valley during evenings and weekends. Spend your final week trekking to Machu Picchu through the mountains to finish your trip in style.
- Add on benefits and excursions include: intro week with 20 hours of Spanish lessons; Salkantay trek