The Pacific Discovery South America Gap Year Semester is an inspiring 10-week educational travel program through Peru, Ecuador, and the Galapagos Islands’ incredible cultural and environmental diversity.
Join us to gain insight into the lives of indigenous Andean and Amazon communities while significantly improving your conversational Spanish ability. Participate in worthwhile community-initiated volunteer projects, wander the ancient streets of Quito and Cuzco, and be astounded by Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, and the incredible Galapagos Islands. You will trek, raft, cycle, and snorkel through a range of environments from Andean peaks to the Amazon rainforest.
Facilitated by our supportive and experienced Program Instructors, this is an excellent gap year or study abroad option for students wanting to develop personal and leadership skills and be immersed in cultures different to their own.
- Practice and grow your Spanish language skills through immersion and homestays.
- Volunteer in service learning projects with the Llama Pack Project, and in Community Development in the village of Agato.
- Develop skills in independent travel, communication, leadership, rafting, trekking, sustainability, conservation and snorkeling
- Explore South America's highlights – Machu Picchu, The Sacred Valley, Lake Titicaca, The Amazon River, Galapagos Islands, world heritage sites, Incan Ruins, beaches and national parks
- Experience transformative personal growth that pushes students to reflect and ask questions of themselves, working towards a deeper understanding of their values, identity, passions and purpose.