- Machu Picchu
View Other Details
Visas; All in-country land transport; All accommodation; 3 meals a day (excluding snacks); Two weeks of Spanish language classes and three weeks of volunteer projects; All excursions and activities as described in the itinerary; Experienced Pacific Discovery program leader and local guides; Online image library for your program. Refer information booklet for international flight options.
Challenge yourself on this South America gap year program journeying through the incredible cultural and natural diversity of Peru, Ecuador, and the Galapagos Islands.
Join us to gain insight into the lives of indigenous Andean and Amazon communities while significantly improving your conversational Spanish ability. Participate in worthwhile community-initiated volunteer projects, wander the ancient streets of Quito and Cuzco, and be astounded by Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, and the incredible Galapagos Islands. You will trek, kayak, cycle, and snorkel through a range of environments from Andean peaks to the Amazon rainforest.
Students on this gap year program can develop meaningful connections with local people, gain knowledge of South America’s history, experience sustainable development, push personal boundaries, and develop their leadership skills.
- Spanish language immersion while traveling through South America
- Conservation and sustainability with Llama Pack Project in Peru
- Galapagos Islands immersion: visiting islands, kayaking, snorkeling, and up-close wildlife encounters
- Rafting expedition on the Jatunyacu River in the Amazon Basin
- Experience the history and culture of Lima, Peru, and Ecuador’s cosmopolitan capital, Quito